Hi, from a former flat ironer learning to rock my natural 3a/3b :)

curlynirishcurlynirish Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi, fellow curlies!

I am looking to learn more about how to care for my porous (from coloring/blowing out my hair to straighten it almost daily, yikes!) soft, ringlets. I am done beating my hair into straight submission, fighting the Southern humidity and summer rainy season! I'm Caucasian and have a family full of straight heads, so I've always wanted straight hair and have had plenty of help trying to get it that way--chemical relaxing and expensive blow flat irons have tried and failed to destroy my curl. Since my curls won't go away, I figure it's best to just go with 'em and learn to love them.

My main hair "issues" I've learned about after reading these boards are...
~porosity, from processing
~breakage of hair, at temples and all over (=halo of frizz!),
~flatness at my roots created by my long, heavy hair
~straight in the back/ringlets in front texture that never seems look consistently curly!:help:

Hoping to find some answers without spending too much time on these boards, just because I have a lot of stuff going on IRL right now. Want to figure out these hair issues with the help of you ladies. Hoping to find a hair buddy to get product recs from. :) Thank you for reading! :D

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! We're so glad to have you in our community.

You might want to post specific hair questions in one of the hair forums. :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • catchAwavecatchAwave Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm new too! I've been pretty successfully beating my hair into straight submission for pretty much my whole life, but I am just tired of all the work & time involved... I'm hoping that this site & all the users will inspire me to embrace my natural hair. I haven't even really decided to do it yet. Best wishes to you though! Your family sounds like mine!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file