CurlTalk

Do you apply from the bottle or use a brush?

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
When I used to get my roots done at a salon, they always used a brush to apply. I get impatient so ever since switching to coloring my hair at home, I just apply from the bottle (after mixing, of course).

I realize that the dye runs onto some of the rest of my hair, so I've been trying to psych myself up to use a brush on the roots so that I limit the amount of dye that runs onto the already dyed hair.

What do you do? Do you use a brush or just apply from the bottle? What are your experiences and results?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I bought one of those professional-style brushes; it works great.

Don't concern yourself too much with this one, cp. It's easy (and I'm typically bad at this kind of thing).
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, Ninja! (How are you :profileleft: by the way)

Did you get the brush at a beauty supply store like Ricky's?

ETA: Never mind - I check online and its available cheaply at my local Ricky's. Muchas gracias.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Sure thing.

Just pour the mixed color from the bottle into one of those cheap-o beauty bowls, then use the brush to dip in for color. It's easier than the bottle, imo, although next time, when I have to do my whole head, I'm not sure what method will work best.

I'm fine, though utterly sick of rain. How about you?