Mini twists

misspvgrad07misspvgrad07 Registered Users Posts: 99
I really wanna get mini twist for the summer and wanna get a blow out before so I don't have the shrinkage. What do you guys think??!!!

Sent from my  using CurlTalk

Comments

• AlikaIssaAlikaIssa Banned Banned Users Posts: 339
    Go for it! Mini Twists are a great protective style and they look beautiful
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    You should try them. A lot of people have success with them. I, however, prefer box braids with my own hair. Check out naturallyobsessed.net and naptural85 on YouTube for tips on how to care for them. Share some pics when you're done!
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • misspvgrad07misspvgrad07 Registered Users Posts: 99
    You should try them. A lot of people have success with them. I, however, prefer box braids with my own hair. Check out naturallyobsessed.net and naptural85 on YouTube for tips on how to care for them. Share some pics when you're done!

I've seen the box braids but I prefer the twist b/c I hate taking braids out lol I know I'm lazy. But I will figure something soon I have a few days til school gets out and I want them then.

• wavycurlyria_87wavycurlyria_87 Registered Users Posts: 78
    Yeah, I tried to do 'em yesterday right after I washed my hair while my hair was wet... not gonna ever do that again. My hair wouldn't hold. I'm a little discouraged now to do 'em dry. Good luck on yours. :-)
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Registered Users Posts: 1,014

I've seen the box braids but I prefer the twist b/c I hate taking braids out lol I know I'm lazy. But I will figure something soon I have a few days til school gets out and I want them then.

That's cool. Just to clarify, those links are for mini twists. I realized that you may have thought they were for box braids.
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • AllyTAllyT Registered Users Posts: 613
    How long do you plan to keep yours in? I've always wanted to get them done. Show us the results! :cherry:

That's cool. Just to clarify, those links are for mini twists. I realized that you may have thought they were for box braids.

I've checked out that site before and saw some stuff I really like...I'm trying to save money and get into doing my own hair only going out to get it done when I need a trim.

• quest88quest88 Registered Users Posts: 16
    I really want to do mini twists...right now rocking kinky twists w/ extensions. my hair is not very thick though...and everytime i've done twists (med size twists) my was looking a lil twiggy. =(
  • pwepwetepwepwete Registered Users Posts: 8
    quest88 wrote: »
    I really want to do mini twists...right now rocking kinky twists w/ extensions. my hair is not very thick though...and everytime i've done twists (med size twists) my was looking a lil twiggy. =(

I am in the same boat. I tried doing mini-twists once, and all you could see was my scalp for miles. I have resorted to using extensions (nubian twists) for my twists as my hair is not thick at all
  • Rayne17Rayne17 Registered Users Posts: 20
    I'm new but I would suggest you use the banding method. It's a way to stretch hair without heat. Definitely get the twist though I'm in them and I like them even though mine are short. I didn't stretch but I still have good length.

Sent from my VM670 using CurlTalk App
  • mamato2mamato2 Registered Users Posts: 34
    I agree with Rayne. Banding is really great for stretching hair. I use the cloth-covered bands on my daughter's hair. The more bands you use, the more stretched the hair will be.

Check out Beads, Braids, & Beyond: Banding F.A.Q. for banding pictures and tips.

It's a lot less hassle than blowdrying in my opinion.

:angel11: How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday you will have been all of these.
    --George Washington Carver
    I normally just twist my hair before bed but I'm
    Going to sea world and need something that's going to make it through the water rides lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file