What is your Twisting routine?

BxChick1230BxChick1230 Registered Users Posts: 22
Everytime I twist my dd's hair it doesn't look neat at the root. The ends are unraveled. And when I twist them out it doesn't look as pretty.

So tell me your routine for twisting and twistouts.

Comments

• AlikaIssaAlikaIssa Banned Banned Users Posts: 339
    Everytime I twist my dd's hair it doesn't look neat at the root. The ends are unraveled. And when I twist them out it doesn't look as pretty.

So tell me your routine for twisting and twistouts.

That may be happening because of your daughters hair type.

The majority of my hair is 4b, but the hair at the back of my head is 4a/3c and it is a lot silkier than the rest of my hair. When I twist that section of my hair it always comes undone and it never looks neat at the root. It's very annoying. Sometimes I have to braid those sections while the rest of my hair is in twists.

Nonetheless here is my routine for twists:

After washing and conditioning my hair, I towel dry and apply my leave in conditioner and then I seal that with a light oil. I then band my hair to prevent it from tangling as it shrinks. I normally use Taliah Waajid's Kinky Wavy Natural herbal Style and Shine to twist my hair.

My hair is very porous so it gets dry quickly. In order to prevent my hair from drying out I try to keep my hair stretched as this helps to flatten the cuticles keeping moisture in my hair. So after I have twisted each section I set the twists on very large rollers.

When I remove the rollers my twists are straight and my cuticles are flattened.I normally do not need to moisturise the twists for a couple of days because the set helps to keep my hair moisturised.

When I do moisturise my twists I use a liquid moisturiser and seal it with a light oil. I then band the twists to help to flatten the cuticles again. While the twists are banded I apply Taliah Waajid's Kinky Wavy Natural herbal Style and Shine to the ends of my hair. When I remove the bands the twists are straight but the ends are curly.
  • AlikaIssaAlikaIssa Banned Banned Users Posts: 339
    Hi,

I just went through your previous posts and I saw the following thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4a/108209-i-succesful-my-dds-results.html

Your daughters hair is lovely:love7:

It may be a good idea for you to do box braids instead of twists. I prefer to do box braids for little children because they last longer and they are easier to maintain.

When I do box braids I prefer to let the hair dry before braiding.

I normally ask the child's mother to wash her daughters hair the night before, apply leave in conditioner then seal with a light oil and then band the hair to stretch it.

When I come to do the child's hair I use Taliah Waajids' style and shine. I leave a small bit of the hair out at the ends so they can wear the ends curly.

I recently did box braids for a two year old and she absolutely loved it. She wouldn't stop looking in the mirror and smiling and kept saying 'beautiful' 'pretty'. She was also really excited that she could whip her hair back and forth, lol. We tried to discourage her from doing it ( because we didn't want her to get dizzy) but she didn't want to stop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file