HELP! I want my natural curls back :-(

CurlObsessedCurlObsessed Registered Users Posts: 8
Hi all my beautiful curlies!
I am already natural (never had a relaxer in life) but am ready to start wearing my natural curls. I have been getting my hair blown straight for the past 18 years. So as u can imagine my hair has been blown to smithereens. Whenever I attempt to wear my natural hair it is so frustrating because a third of my hair doesn't curl. Its just straight and limp. I'm not ready for a big cop but recently cut my hair to a shoulder length bob. My hair also needs a ton of moisture. Can anyone lend me some tips, product references and inspiration for my situation. I believe I am a 4a hair type. Thanks!
:-)

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    Well, sorry to say, but from the description of your hair . .it sounds like your curls are toast. You can try going CG or doing occasional protein treatments to try and fill in some of the holes in the shaft of your hair, but in the end you'll probably just have to have patience and grow it out. Trimming as you go.

Sometimes heat damage can't be repaired.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • CurlObsessedCurlObsessed Registered Users Posts: 8
    Figured as much. Thanks for the feedback. What would be a good protein treatment to use?

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    I've had success with the Apohgee 2 Protein Treatment two step pack from Sally's. Also I make at home protein treatments that contain things like egg and mayo.

Try searching the board for protein treatments using the search option tool. I'm sure there will be tons of recs for protein treatments.

Remember protein treatments can help, but they're not guaranteed to; your best bet is trimming. It sucks, but I'm dealing with the same thing.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • CurlObsessedCurlObsessed Registered Users Posts: 8
    I will definitely look into that. This is getting so discouraging. I'm ready to quit and I haven't even started. Lol! Just nice to know other ppl are dealing with the same thing.

Thanks so much for the support :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file