Workout dvd without equipment?

Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
I see most of the workout dvd have dumbbells e.t.c which i don't have.Does anyone know any really good workout dvd without equipment?
All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you have a mat or something like it, maybe a challenging yoga workout? I used to use an old scarf as a "strap" and a Jazzercise mat as my yoga mat.

Or maybe a ballet-style dvd? Someone here once recommended a tough one for me. Can't remember what it was called, though --- sorry!
  • Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    If you have a mat or something like it, maybe a challenging yoga workout? I used to use an old scarf as a "strap" and a Jazzercise mat as my yoga mat.

Or maybe a ballet-style dvd? Someone here once recommended a tough one for me. Can't remember what it was called, though --- sorry!
    Oh ok.Just drop the name if you get to remember it thanks for your input.:-)
    All Hair is Good Hair!

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Callinetics?

Could that be right?
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Callinetics?

Could that be right?

You don't need any equipment for Callanetics except for something about waist high to hold on to. The back off a chair will work. It's a great workout for toning up and shaving off inches.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    pilates (marie windsor)

p-90X I believe there is no equipment needed in some (maybe all)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    coilynapp wrote: »
    pilates (marie windsor)

You can do it without weights but they expect you to have equipment for resistance. Some use bands, weights, or a pull up bar.

If you have and iPod or iPhone, I recommend the Nike Training app. It's free and highly effective. I would rather have this than p90x.

There are always the staple workouts that are timeless. Push ups, lunges, squats, dips are all excellent basics. There are also countless variations of these.
    Saila wrote: »
    pilates (marie windsor)

You can do it without weights but they expect you to have equipment fir resistance. Some use bands, weights, or a pull up bar.

If you have and iPod or iPhone, I recommend the Nike Training app. It's free and highly effective. I would rather have this than p90x.

There is always the staple workouts that are timeless. Push ups, lunges, squats, dips are all excellent basics. There are also countless variations of these.

ooohhh thanks for this!!! I'll check it out
    You're welcome!

Dang it, you quoted all my typos before I fixed them.
    You're welcome!

Dang it, you quoted all my typos before I fixed them.
    don't you hate when that happens?

LOL

meh, to err is human
    To err is also to type on a mobile device.
    To err is also to type on a mobile device.
    indeed :lol:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sdc wrote: »
    Callinetics?

Could that be right?

You don't need any equipment for Callanetics except for something about waist high to hold on to. The back off a chair will work. It's a great workout for toning up and shaving off inches.

This workout looks interesting, but it looks like one would get a pancake ass from it from so many of the after shots I see online. If I could do it and keep the booty I have, it looks great.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Heaven88Heaven88 Posts: 148Registered Users
    Insanity! <3

Heaven Leigh Méndez
    Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Callinetics?

Could that be right?

This workout looks interesting, but it looks like one would get a pancake ass from it from so many of the after shots I see online. If I could do it and keep the booty I have, it looks great.

One of the benefits of barrre workouts such as Callanetics is supposed to be how it lifts and shapes your booty. However, it hasn't changed mine. BUT I just discovered recently from reading various forum discussions that I wasn't incorporating all of the concepts. The workout is much tougher since I started squeezing my sit bones together (kind of like holding in numbers 1 and 2 at the same time from what I read). I have hopes for this technique. I try to do this with every exrercise while I do my barre workouts.

If people want to read about techniques checkout the forum on lowcarbfriends.com, the exercise board. There is always a monthly checkin and also a thread with before and after pictures. Sandra Hannah who is the instructor on the Callanetics Evolution DVD posts quite often in the monthly checkins. She also has a FB page. I haven't seen it as I don't do FB.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte

One of the benefits of barrre workouts such as Callanetics is supposed to be how it lifts and shapes your booty. However, it hasn't changed mine. BUT I just discovered recently from reading various forum discussions that I wasn't incorporating all of the concepts. The workout is much tougher since I started squeezing my sit bones together (kind of like holding in numbers 1 and 2 at the same time from what I read). I have hopes for this technique. I try to do this with every exrercise while I do my barre workouts.

If people want to read about techniques checkout the forum on lowcarbfriends.com, the exercise board. There is always a monthly checkin and also a thread with before and after pictures. Sandra Hannah who is the instructor on the Callanetics Evolution DVD posts quite often in the monthly checkins. She also has a FB page. I haven't seen it as I don't do FB.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/

Thanks for the info and the links. I like the anatomical concept of it working some of the smaller internal muscles that my dumbbells and whatnot aren't getting. I just don't want a flat butt, no matter how high, as a result, lol. I'd miss my booty if it totally left me :).
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    I do Zumba. Not only does not require any machines but it's fun. You are just dancing and having fun but you definitely feel the burn.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!

The Exercise Board - Low Carb Friends

Thanks for the info and the links. I like the anatomical concept of it working some of the smaller internal muscles that my dumbbells and whatnot aren't getting. I just don't want a flat butt, no matter how high, as a result, lol. I'd miss my booty if it totally left me :).

I guess I don't see what you are talking about. I have never heard anyone say they lost their booty with this. In "Look 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours" Callan claims that her "behind" exercises make your tush "tight, round, like a little peach". Like I said, so far no such luck for me, but I'm hoping using the correct technique will help. Not one female in my family has a shapely butt though so I'm not sure how much I can change it.
  • mellowgirl09mellowgirl09 Banned Posts: 188Banned Users
    I see most of the workout dvd have dumbbells e.t.c which i don't have.Does anyone know any really good workout dvd without equipment?

Taebo is really good you don't need any equipment with his dvds. Hand weight are pretty cheap btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: 3c, medium strand, high volume, soft
    About: Loves moisture
    Current Length: mid neck when curly / bra strap length when straight
    Goal: At least collarbone length when curly
    Regime: KC Knot Today leave in, KC Curling Custard and Aveda shine serum. Style of choice wash and gos and braid outs.
    Pet Peeves: Hair breakage at the nape if wearing tight ponytails. Different curl patterns, looser in front and tighter in back.
    Hair pros: High shine and bounce.
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    Does anyone know if Callanetics can be done with crappy knees? I have a hard time with exercises that include a lot of bending at the knee...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Does anyone know if Callanetics can be done with crappy knees? I have a hard time with exercises that include a lot of bending at the knee...

Check out the link I provided for Low Carb Friends and read some of the longer Callanetics threads. Lots of people with a lot more knowledge than me have probably answered that. Also Sandra Hannah who is on the trainer on the Evolution DVD will answer direct questions. She pops in the monthly challenge threads every two or three days. She also has a FB page and on one of those threads a link is provided.
    pilates (marie windsor)

You can do it without weights but they expect you to have equipment for resistance. Some use bands, weights, or a pull up bar.

There are always the staple workouts that are timeless. Push ups, lunges, squats, dips are all excellent basics. There are also countless variations of these.
    My sis has an iphone so i'll tell her to add the Nike app thanks for your input:)
    All Hair is Good Hair!

Callinetics?

Could that be right?
    I got the 'callanetics evolution' mainly because i prefared the dressing they had compared to the other ones haven't tried it yet because it takes so much time and now since i have exams it's so hard to work out for more than 10 min.

Taebo is really good you don't need any equipment with his dvds. Hand weight are pretty cheap btw.
    thanks for the recommendation.What is the benefit of the hand weights?And are they diffrent from the wight lifting ones
    All Hair is Good Hair!

Rusycurly wrote: »
    I do Zumba. Not only does not require any machines but it's fun. You are just dancing and having fun but you definitely feel the burn.

Heaven88 wrote: »
    Insanity! <3

Heaven Leigh Méndez
    Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Thought of that but if you live in an apartment the noise you will make will stir up lot's of neighbors :( living underneath so i prefer something that won't have heavy jumping or stuff that make noise.
    All Hair is Good Hair!

• SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users

Check out the link I provided for Low Carb Friends and read some of the longer Callanetics threads. Lots of people with a lot more knowledge than me have probably answered that. Also Sandra Hannah who is on the trainer on the Evolution DVD will answer direct questions. She pops in the monthly challenge threads every two or three days. She also has a FB page and on one of those threads a link is provided.

Thanks SDC! I will check it out! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am not familiar with this program so I can't answer your question.

However, most programs that can be done without equipment (such as the Nike Training app) place a heavy emphasis on squats and lunges. So based on my experience, I would say probably not. It may be helpful to search for upper body workouts? A lot of Pilates moves are knee-friendly as well.
    Callinetics?

Could that be right?
    I got the 'callanetics evolution' mainly because i prefared the dressing they had compared to the other ones haven't tried it yet because it takes so much time and now since i have exams it's so hard to work out for more than 10 min.

It's chaptered so you don't have to do everything every time. Each chapter is probably 12 or 15 minutes.
  • smashleighfigsmashleighfig Posts: 83Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Zumba! It's intense and a great work out. My absolutle favorite though is Turbo Kick by beachbody. It's so much fun! I believe Jillian Michaels has some out now as well :)
    Ashleigh Elizabeth
    CG Since 7/2/2011
    In Between 2c & 3a
    CO WASH- Suave Naturals
    CONDISH- Sally's Generic value products conditioning balm
    LEAVE IN- KCKT
    STYLE- Ice Queen method
    GELS- LA Looks Absolute styling sport // IC hair polisher styling gel with sparkle lites
    HG- KCC = AMAZING! My secret weapon!
    FINISH- Plop // Pixiecurl diffuser method (on occasion)
    Learning To Embrace My Curls!
    :sunny:
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm doing the Brazil Butt Lift, by Beachbody, and it is awesome! They provide a resistance band, and you can add handweights and ankle weights...but you can also get by without them if necessary. It's made a big difference in my backside in short order. I wouldn't recommend it if you have bad knees, though, because you will have to do some squats and lunges.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Posts: 356Registered Users
    check this site out!!
    the woman has an amazing body
    little to no equipment
    easy to follow
    routines online and videos to supplement(also on YT)

I ONLY do her workouts. she is such an inspiration. Good luck!!!!
    3c front crown,4a in middle back
    LOIS: OS, thin, dense, cottony

http://dtcp.tumblr.com/"]My Blog
    Hair Regimen

event.png

event.png

event.png
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    insanity but the dvd's themselves are pricey

jillian michaels dvd's can be done without equipment but one set of dumbbells are suggested. it's worth it. they are GOOD and challenging and only $9-$12 at target!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file