Jane Carter products have matching ingredients?!

sarahstarr0416sarahstarr0416 Registered Users Posts: 57
I was looking to buy some JC products today and realized that a few of her products have almost the exact same ingredients listed in the same order.

Nourish and Shine:
Shea butter, Kokum butter, Illippe butter, Mango butter, Vitamins A, D, & E, pear and grapefruit essential oils.

Twist and Lock
Purified Water, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Illippe Butter, Mango Butter, Vtamins A, D, & E, Sweet Orange, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Palmarosa, Cedarwood, Geranium, Bergamot, Rosemary Essential Oils, Jojoba, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid.

Hair Nourishing Cream:
Purified Water, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Illippe Butter, Mango Butter, Vtamins A, D, & E Orange, Grapefruit, Palmarosa, Cedarwood, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Bergamot, Rosemary Essential Oils, Jojoba, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid

Okay, so the N&S doesn't have the "exact" same ingredients but the first few are. However, the Twist and Lock and Nourishing Cream are almost identical. I don't get it...has anyone else noticed this? I'm confused. Maybe I just need to stick with my Oyin. I'm not a mixtress of products but can anyone who mixes or has any knowledge about product ingredients tell me how they could make two different products but have the SAME ingredients. I feel like she's getting over on people....correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Comments

• coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    The ingredients may be the same, but the formulations may be different. Maybe one has a smaller proportion of water to oils making it thicker than the other. Then of course nourish and shine has not water, only oils
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    When I first looked at jane carter solution products I recall the nourish and shine and the twist and loc having all of the exac same ingredients in the exact same order. I ended up buying the twist and loc and hating it so she definitely doesn't have to worry about me trying the nourish and shine plus I hate the smell. But yeah I noticed the ingredient situation and wondered about it myself.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
  • sarahstarr0416sarahstarr0416 Registered Users Posts: 57
    @coilynapp: that's a good point, I didn't think about that.

@subbrock: yeah, I'm with you. I think that I'm just going to stick to the products that I already have. However, I'm making a trip to Target today and hopefully my product junkiness won't take over and I end up coming home with JC products *crossing fingers*

Thanks for the replies ladies :)
  • sassywillowsassywillow Registered Users Posts: 829
    I think a lot of companies have a butter mix or an oil mix formula that they use in most of their products. Probably makes mixing easier.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • chameleonrosechameleonrose Registered Users Posts: 48
    i think formulation is more important then the ingredients themselves. i've attempted to play mixtress several times trying to duplicate a product, with what i thought were the exact same ingredients and gotten very different results from the original

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file