Fantastic Leave In Recipe (total accident!) !!

shadlockshadlock Posts: 7Registered Users
So, I was goofing around with my new oils and leftover conditioners and totally came up with an awesome leave in conditioner! I can't do the sprays (my dry/frizzy 3B hair doesn't like them), so this is pretty thick stuff. I put it in a 8oz pump bottle I got from the drugstore. Here's the recipe:

2Tbsp Filtered Water (I have a Brita pitcher, LOL)
6oz Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
3 Tbsp Jojoba Oil
2 Tbsp Pure Argan Oil
1 Tbsp Pure Coconut Oil
2 Drops Jasmine Absolute (EO) to scent

Mix, shake, and enjoy!! (I put this on my hair immediately after shampooing and conditioning)

I used Ouidad Curl Quencher Styling gel as a finishing product, and my curls are now frizz free, sooo soft, and the shine is incredible!!

If you try this out, let me know what you think...and if you think I can make it better!!

Comments

• bluesheepbluesheep Posts: 300Registered Users
    shadlock wrote: »
    So, I was goofing around with my new oils and leftover conditioners and totally came up with an awesome leave in conditioner! I can't do the sprays (my dry/frizzy 3B hair doesn't like them), so this is pretty thick stuff. I put it in a 8oz pump bottle I got from the drugstore. Here's the recipe:

2Tbsp Filtered Water (I have a Brita pitcher, LOL)
    6oz Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
    3 Tbsp Jojoba Oil
    2 Tbsp Pure Argan Oil
    1 Tbsp Pure Coconut Oil
    2 Drops Jasmine Absolute (EO) to scent

Mix, shake, and enjoy!! (I put this on my hair immediately after shampooing and conditioning)

I used Ouidad Curl Quencher Styling gel as a finishing product, and my curls are now frizz free, sooo soft, and the shine is incredible!!

If you try this out, let me know what you think...and if you think I can make it better!!

Sounds awesome! I'll have to substitute for the Argan oil. Maybe sweet almond or grape seed. I will definitely be trying this out sometime in the next few days. So many recipes, so little time....
    3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
    Gudonya Salty Dawg (etsy), SM Moisture Retention
    CO: Gudonya Intense (etsy), SM Restorative, Tresemme Naturals
    LI: Gudonya IHC, SMCH Milk, Tresemme Nat, Biotera LI
    Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Homemade DTs, PTs and Pre-Poos
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
  • luly09luly09 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Wow! That sounds great! I actually have pure argan oil so I want to try that. I'm going to substitute olive oil for the coconut and see how that goes. Thanks!
    CG since 5/11
    Hair type: 3b/3c (underneath canopy sometimes) f/m,high-porosity,iii,BSL-dry,APL-wet
    Co-wash: SNGA,Devacurl no-poo, Sally no sulfate shampoo for color treated hair.
    CO: GFP&C(added argan oil),SNGA,OC
    Leave In: GVPCB KCKT
    Product: ecostyler w/add-ins,DevaAngell,FSG,GFP&C curl cream and gel.Pantene curly gel,PM detangler,
    SOTC: SIF, lavender spray
    DT: AVG 1xwk, Apoghee 2 step 1x per month
    My hair hates AVG and glycerin
    Somewhat of a PJ,Still experimenting!!!:hello2::cat:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file