I can't wait to get rid of this relaxed hair!

tamekanstamekans Registered Users Posts: 51
I've been transitioning for three months and I honestly cannot wait to cut my relaxed hair off. I feel like I'm obsessed with my natural hair! LOL Its all I talk about and the first thing on my mind in the morning. Could I be obsessed or just anxious. LOL

Sent from my DROID2

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    I think it's an awesome thing that you're just excited about your natural hair; I love talking about my hair and I'm sure other curlies are the same way.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • krich2010krich2010 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'm also three month post relaxer. I am so happy when I wash my hair and see the new growth.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
  • NaturalMeeeNaturalMeee Registered Users Posts: 14
    I am almost 6 months post relaxer now and I'm also OBSESSED with my natural hair! I cannot wait until I'm all natural!!! I have kinky twists in now and I just need to learn how to take care of them and moisturize.
  • wavycurlyria_87wavycurlyria_87 Registered Users Posts: 78
    lol I think you're more anxious than anything. I was the exact same way when I began transitioning. Are you gonna big chop?
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
    I'm excited as well about being fully natural. Braid outs look so lovely on my hair. I've gotten so many complements on my hair since I've been transitioning. I'm about 8 weeks post. I'm in this for the long haul. I think summer is a perfect time to begin transitioning or continuing the process because summer our hair gets frizzy no matter what state it's in. I also think in the summer, we're forced to manipulate and moisturize our hair more to keep it looking healthy, tamed, and manageable.
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
      Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
      Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
      6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
    • naturally_kinaturally_ki Registered Users Posts: 9
      I'm only 5 weeks post relaxer and I.feel the exact same way lol OBSESSED! I can't wait to be fully natural either omg :D

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    • shaundajshaundaj Registered Users Posts: 1
      I was feeling the same way before I did my BC! I couldn't wait for my hair to grow out more, so I just chopped it all off! I'm still excited/obsessed with my natural hair though! I'm so glad that I did my BC because I'm able to learn my natural hair texture and what works good for it. I found that a lot of products I used when my hair was relaxed doesn't do well on my natural hair. I've been watching videos on YouTube which has me excited about all the styles I want to try when my hair grows out more!

Sent from Shani's iPhone using CurlTalk
    • Ms.CrissMs.Criss Registered Users Posts: 6
      I am 8 months post relaxed and I feel the same as you. I love my natural hair and feel that the permed hair is in the way. I have about 10 inches of permed hair and 6 inches of new growth. Im scared to do the big chop but the permed hair is becoming really damaged. I don’t know what I will decide, right now curls seem to be working .......

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
    • reCoiledreCoiled Registered Users Posts: 21
      I am obsessed too! I am 6 months post relaxer, but had BKT in early Feb and mid April. I am trying to strip BKT before the cutting out the relaxer.to go all natural. Can't wait! I'm set for June 12, BKT should be gone and I am ready to cut!
      3c/4a (too short to tell), Normal porosity, M/C
      BC: 06/10/11 CG: 06/22/11
      :occasion7:
      SheaM Poo, AOHR, KCKT, KCCC, homemade DTs
    • tamekanstamekans Registered Users Posts: 51
      Yes. I'm going to see how much growth I have on my sixth month mark. I'm just nervous about not being able to style it, but I still can't wait.

Sent from my DROID2
    • Jilly20Jilly20 Registered Users Posts: 7
      I totally understand. My last relaxer was in feb 2011 so I'm a newbie. Imy hair is very damaged from relaxer and coloring. When I wash my hair and the new growth is so dang safter than the relaxed hair and I'm sick of it. The only reason why I haven't bc yet because I'm scared of having short hair. But I'm on the edge of getting rid of it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file