Gentle Shampoo that wont cause RESIDUE?

playtonicbubbleplaytonicbubble Posts: 36Registered Users
I have been using Selsun Blue for the past two weeks and I have noticed although it seemed to be working in the beginning I have noticed that my hair is less curly on the top. It is as if the shampoo is stripping my curls and causing my hair to look frizzy. I also believe my scalp is really sensitive. Anytime I use certain products that are CG my hair becomes oily and white residue builds up after wards.
It’s hard to explain…I usually use deva low poo and the no poo and then L.A looks sports gel and plop or diffuse (not every day though. Mostly I air dry) but for some reason my hair is oily after several hours. Why is this? I make sure I rinse out enough.
What gentle shampoo can I use? That won’t cause white residue?
Curl Pattern:2c/3aFii
Texture: medium
Porosity: low to medium in the winter
Density: medium
Elasticity: normal
Characteristics: flat top, no root curl, easily weighed down, protein sensitive
Hair ingredient likes: Honey,olive oil, deva low poo
Hair ingredient dislikes: coconut oil, wheat protein, hemp, henna, protein
Hair Twins: still seeking.

Comments

• GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You might try a pre-treatment with baking soda. Make a paste and gently massage your scalp and hair. Then cowash. Afterward, style your hair, perhaps even using aloe vera gel. See how your hair feels the first time.

I'm sure others will chime in.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You can do this by adding water to make the ratio 50:50 or 75:25 (water/shampoo).
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This master post of scalp condition threads might help if you haven't seen it.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/112757-~~links-nc-threads-dermatitis-eczema-allergies-itch-iffy-ingredients-etc.html
    I'd suggest reposting this on the 2 board. We have several really knowledgeable "itchy wavies" and the 2 board moves pretty fast. I think they should be able to help you out.
    Edit: I assume since you are using selun blue you have scalp issues. I think that is for scalp issues anyway. Could be wrong.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
    If your scalp isn't bothered by essential oils, Giovanni TTT may be an option. My scalp is sensitive but just to strong chemicals - not naturals oils and stuff. And it gets build up esily also. I use GTTT shampoo (lo-poo) weekly with a scalp brush and haven't had issues since.

Baking soda scrub also works. Just takes too long for me with my THICK hair.
    3B curls
    Medium texture
    Normal elasticity
    High porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file