CurlTalk

Stylist in east bay, california

pichulitapichulita Posts: 5Registered Users
I am in search of a good, knowledgeable stylist in the general area of Walnut Creek/Concord/Danville who will be able to cut and style my 3b hair (fine hair, but LOTS of it.....and frizzy.)

In the past 4 years I have interviewed countless number of stylists and have had my hair cut by about 4 of them, but although they all declare that they are experienced in cutting curly hair, it has been evident that 2 of them are not. (I purposely wait about 5-6 months between cuts so that I don't have to deal with disappointing cuts)

One stylist was good but I cannot continue to pay $110 for a hair cut & style. The other stylist is pretty good (and reasonably priced at $35) but she's SO HYPER that I feel tense by the time I walk out of there. Plus, she left me waiting 45 minutes for my appointment (I arrived 5 minutes early and it looked like she had just taken another client). I am so tired of "pounding the sidewalk" in search of a good, decent stylist for, what I fondly call, my "Mane" and then being disappointed.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• quietasariotquietasariot Posts: 3Registered Users
    BUMP! I'm new to the east bay and will eventually need a cut, too!
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    Hi ladies! My stylist is Sandra Hernandez. This is her site About Me - Beauty at Your Service
    510-677-1010

You can contact her through it. She is currently back at PureBeauty Salon (now in Santa Clara) but is also mobile and will come to you! :) She is a curly too, and although she wet-cuts she knows all about shrinkage, etc. You can read my review in the Salon finder.

We're working on getting Tiffany/StruttsWife out here for a curly hair training session!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.