CurlTalk

CHEAP silicone free conditioner

afrochickafrochick Posts: 235Registered Users
I love aussie moist and the amazing slip i get from it but I want to attempt a new silicone free conditioner so I can get away with using sulfate free shampoo. Any suggestions for a cheap/ slip providing conditioner?
3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel

Comments

• J.S.M.J.S.M. Posts: 415Registered Users

• KeiLaniKoilsKeiLaniKoils Posts: 439Registered Users
    Tressemme Naturals Moisture Condish
    Smacked with a head full of Dreamy tight Coils that refuse to have it any other way... :D
    Finally maintaining a clean, moisturized scalp!
    I'm really getting into my Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil now :love7:
    Here we embrace the disorder of hair product buying

:happy6: GROW NAPS GROW! :happy6:
    Why would I relax all the fabulousness?!
    Inspired by Keenylicious
    I swear the things that catch on in our society...
    never anything with meaning

Inspired by LeeLee
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users
    Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner, Sleek & Shine.
    Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    Garnier Pure Clean is the best I've used.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • secret_karmasecret_karma Posts: 438Registered Users
    V05 conditioners don't have cones I don't think

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App
  • lashawnblashawnb Posts: 111Registered Users
    Lots of options -- my fave is TreSemme Naturals. I use the moisturizing and the vibrantly smooth and both are great for slip and conditioning.

I also like the Garnier Pure & Clean - it has no cones but all their others do.

**Forgot to mention you can get all of those for under $3 or so. And usually one or more is on sale at a drugstore (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.)
    :wave: hi. i'm a product junkie! so many products, so little time...
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    last full relaxer: 6/10/10 big chop: 11/25/10
    2011 Goal: SL (stretched) = Curly :afro:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    taken 3/30/11
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    lashawnb wrote: »
    Lots of options -- my fave is TreSemme Naturals. I use the moisturizing and the vibrantly smooth and both are great for slip and conditioning.

**Forgot to mention you can get all of those for under $3 or so. And usually one or more is on sale at a drugstore (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.)

+1
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:

I think their Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner, Sleek & Shine is the only other one that does not have 'cones.
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    "My Pretty Hair is Parched" (Red Bottle) by Renpure organics is on sale right now @ CVS for 4.99...
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users

That's what I was gonna say. :) It's one of my faves.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

Do you use it as a leave in?
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users

I think their Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner, Sleek & Shine is the only other one that does not have 'cones.

The Triple Nutrition one doesn't have cones either.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • chameleonrosechameleonrose Posts: 48Registered Users
    does the garnier pure clean line have protein in it?

Whoa! I just checked my Sleek and Shine last month during my CG challenge. I thought it and Triple Nutrition had cones...I avoided my loves for a whole month! Hmmm...and my bottles are fairly new! Hmm...

Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    taken 3/30/11

Whoa! I just checked my Sleek and Shine last month during my CG challenge. I thought it and Triple Nutrition had cones...I avoided my loves for a whole month! Hmmm...and my bottles are fairly new! Hmm...

Do you really see cones in yours? Can you name the cone? I'm looking at mine again and still don't see a cone...
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users

Do you really see cones in yours? Can you name the cone? I'm looking at mine again and still don't see a cone...

G&C, I think she's saying she THOUGHT they had cones but now realized after reading here that Triple Nutrition and Sleek & Shine.. DO NOT.

I can confirm neither have cones..since I used to use them like the world was coming to an end prior to my current addiction to Tresemme Naturals. And you KNOW I'm CG.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg

G&C, I think she's saying she THOUGHT they had cones but now realized after reading here that Triple Nutrition and Sleek & Shine.. DO NOT.

I can confirm neither have cones..since I used to use them like the world was coming to an end prior to my current addiction to Tresemme Naturals. And you KNOW I'm CG.

Ah, got it! Sorry, long week..:confused1:

Its easy for me to get confused since both brands have multiple formulations and its easy to get one mixed up with another, plus they can change ingredients at the drop of a hat...
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
    Yep...Marah is right. My goodness I'm not sure how I misread the ingreds before now! I love me some TS, but me likes those too!

I learned something new! Glad I popped in here. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    taken 3/30/11
  • myishaomyishao Posts: 20Registered Users
    Tressemme Naturals is my fave conditioner :0)

event.png

event.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilikeitkinkyilikeitkinky Posts: 30Registered Users
    Trader Joe's Nourish Spa - has amazing slip and moisturizes my hair like no other! I love it so much that I had another forum member (from another forum) buy 10 for me and ship them to my house because I don't have a TJ where I live. It's that serious :happy3:
  • JessicazFroJessicazFro Posts: 1,446Registered Users
    Anybody know if the GF triple nutrition is better than the pure clean???

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
    tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue:
    Anybody know if the GF triple nutrition is better than the pure clean???

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App

I just used Triple Nutrition yesterday and I gotta say, I kinda liked it better - based on a 1st impression only. The consistencies are different -- TN is very *creamy*, like a loose creamy. It's not as thick-n-creamy as PNC. I could tell immediately that I was applying a conditioner with more oils...but I don't remember how the slip compared on my hair. Hmm...

Oh, TN is 'cream' in color vs. PN which is white in color (doesn't really matter, but it's a difference to note).

I would need to give TN a couple more WNGs before I make a final determination though. It's in my rotation for this week, so I can report back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    taken 3/30/11
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users

Yes, I use the Sleek & Shine as a leave in. I have it listed in my siggie. 8)
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • imperialdiamondimperialdiamond Posts: 18Registered Users

To my knowledge, no, it does not.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
  • mslittlelalamslittlelala Posts: 139Registered Users
    Do I have an old kind with the same name my bottle says
    Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetyl Esters, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Methylparaben, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extractand so does drugstore.com
    I could just have an old bottle but that's why I stopped using it worked great though

FULL CG - 2nd Attempt 2/27/11
    TYPE: Fluffy see through coils & corkscrews when dry & product free
    HGS underlined
    DC: AOHSR / AOGPB / AOSwim / Elucence
    PO: BWC RM / CV Poo Bars
    Cowash: Vo5 KL / GTTT Dilute / Vo5 SC
    RO: AOBGA
    LEAVE INS
    Warm mths - help??
    Cool mths - H20, Olive oil, whipped shea butter
    STYLE: La Bella Styling Gel / Deva SIF
    Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetyl Esters, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Methylparaben, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extractand so does drugstore.com
    I could just have an old bottle but that's why I stopped using it worked great though

I think you just have an old bottle because the last 4 or 5 large bottles I purchased and used didn't have any cones in it and I check to make sure each time I put the bottle in my cart. I go though conditioner like drinking water so I'm always on the lookout for that sort of thing....
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • imperialdiamondimperialdiamond Posts: 18Registered Users

Excuse my last post. It does. 7/22 on the ingredients list.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
  • QtBoutiqueQtBoutique Posts: 121Registered Users
    Tresemme Naturals and GFTN are my absolute FAVORITE conditioners. I use the Triple Nutrition as my regular leave in/styler but I've never tried using TN the same way. Has anyone here used TN as a leave in/styler?

I'm kind of wary of doing so because it has regular alcohol in the formula. But I'd be interested to hear from you ladies on how it has worked for your hair as a leave in. Thanks in advance. :icon_smile:

event.png

Check out my YouTube channel! Please and thank you! :happy7:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2FGeminiCurls" class="Popup

For more detailed info, here's the blog!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmylongnaturalhair.com" class="Popup
  • alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users

I think you just have an old bottle because the last 4 or 5 large bottles I purchased and used didn't have any cones in it and I check to make sure each time I put the bottle in my cart. I go though conditioner like drinking water so I'm always on the lookout for that sort of thing....

I wonder what made them change the formula, curly demand or did the formula turn out better without the cones. Things that make you go hmmm....
    Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs136.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq165%2Falsaxon%2FHair%2F" class="Popup

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  • alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users

Yes, I use the Sleek & Shine as a leave in. I have it listed in my siggie. 8)

Hmmm, it definitely feels nice enough to use as a leave in. Any tips on using it that way?
    Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs136.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq165%2Falsaxon%2FHair%2F" class="Popup

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross