CurlTalk

Conditioners

misspvgrad07misspvgrad07 Posts: 99Registered Users
I am a single mom on a serious budget and I wanna know some good conditioners I can use w/o breaking the bank. I have very thick 4b hair and I need something my hair isnt going to soak up quick.

Sent from my  using CurlTalk

Comments

• karasposakarasposa Posts: 69Registered Users
    By breaking the bank, do you mean under $5?

If so, then stock up on Trader Joe's conditioners ($3). the tea tree and the balancing conditioners are awesome! I haven;t tried the citrus conditioner that they sell.

But, if you can manage under $10, I would recommend SheaMoisture ($10). Every once in a while Walgreens will have them on sale BOGO.

If you can get to a TJ Maxx or a Marshalls, then you can get a Giovanni conditioner for $13. It's the big boy though, with the pump (1 liter, I think). All of the Giovanni conditioners are amazing, IMHO.
    Hair characteristics: 4a/b, thick, coarse, low porosity

poo- ACV rinse and Rhassoul clay
    cowash/leave-in- AO conditioners, KCKT, and TJ conditioners
    dc- BASK conditioners
    moisture- BASK Honey Latte
    styler- flaxseed gel
  • lashawnblashawnb Posts: 111Registered Users
    I am a single mom on a serious budget and I wanna know some good conditioners I can use w/o breaking the bank. I have very thick 4b hair and I need something my hair isnt going to soak up quick.

Hi there! I know what you mean about thick hair -- do you mean rinse out or leave-ins?

My fave cheap ROs:
    $5: Garnier Pure and Clean
    $5: TreSemme Naturals
    $7-8: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    (all at a local drugstore or Walmart/Target)

My fave cheap(er) LIs:
    $8-10: SheaMoisture Shea Butter leave in (online only, not the walgreens line/brand)
    $10: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (Walgreens,I use as LI under gel)
    $7-8: Giovanni Smooth as Silk (Walmart/Target)

Hope that helps a little.
    :wave: hi. i'm a product junkie! so many products, so little time...
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    last full relaxer: 6/10/10 big chop: 11/25/10
    2011 Goal: SL (stretched) = Curly :afro:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    taken 3/30/11
  • misspvgrad07misspvgrad07 Posts: 99Registered Users
    lashawnb wrote: »

Hi there! I know what you mean about thick hair -- do you mean rinse out or leave-ins?

My fave cheap ROs:
    $5: Garnier Pure and Clean
    $5: TreSemme Naturals
    $7-8: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    (all at a local drugstore or Walmart/Target)

My fave cheap(er) LIs:
    $8-10: SheaMoisture Shea Butter leave in (online only, not the walgreens line/brand)
    $10: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (Walgreens,I use as LI under gel)
    $7-8: Giovanni Smooth as Silk (Walmart/Target)

Hope that helps a little.

I have used the shea moisture spray but never used the conditioner but I can't do the leave in those don't work in my hair for some reason it just dries it out.

• misspvgrad07misspvgrad07 Posts: 99Registered Users
    karasposa wrote: »
    By breaking the bank, do you mean under $5?

If so, then stock up on Trader Joe's conditioners ($3). the tea tree and the balancing conditioners are awesome! I haven;t tried the citrus conditioner that they sell.

But, if you can manage under $10, I would recommend SheaMoisture ($10). Every once in a while Walgreens will have them on sale BOGO.

If you can get to a TJ Maxx or a Marshalls, then you can get a Giovanni conditioner for $13. It's the big boy though, with the pump (1 liter, I think). All of the Giovanni conditioners are amazing, IMHO.

I wish we had a trader joes around here where I live but we don't 