New Wavy!

TriciatheTerribleTriciatheTerrible Registered Users Posts: 45
Hey all, I introduced myself on the getting started thread but I wanted to say hi anyway.
I'm a 2a wavy with curling potential. The bottom of my hair is weak waves, the top and back wave nicely though they have alot of potential to turn into ringlets.
I have medium to thin hair that doesn't frizz a whole lot, which is really a relief (especially when I see my friend's 3c hair frizz into a puff!)
I just started the CG method, so let's see how it goes, my hair seems to be responding well for all I know.

Any tips for a new wavy?
Thanks!
2a/2b
fine-normal strands
thick hair
Mod CG since April 2011

Comments

• krm4hkrm4h Registered Users Posts: 54
    Hi! I'm new too, and just started CG -- like, today, I am plopping for the very first time as I type. :) It sounds like we are hair twins, I'm interested in what folks have to say!

- Katherine
  • TriciatheTerribleTriciatheTerrible Registered Users Posts: 45
    I haven't actually tried plopping yet, you'll have to tell me how it works out, especially if we turn out to be hair twins!
    If you haven't already, give the Icequeen diffuser method a shot, it works great for those pesky bottom layers.

hope to see you around!
    2a/2b
    fine-normal strands
    thick hair
    Mod CG since April 2011
    Plopping worked out really great, actually -- I used a microfiber towel I got from the car care section of Target and a stretchy band to hold it on, heheh. When I took it off my hair was SO CURLY -- beautiful corkscrew curls in front. I never knew my hair had that potential! I am still trying to figure out the best method, because I slept on my hair last night and some of the curls have kind of flattened out. I might get one of those satin sleep caps or try to find a towel that's not so bulky that I can't just sleep in it. There's no way I can take showers in the a.m., I'm too lazy!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on what's working but so far I am really liking it!
    The car care section? I would have never thought to look there XD I'll definatly have to give plopping a try.
    As for showering in the morning? No, never. I have to get up early enough as it is. I'm thinking about trying the super soaker method in the mornings and diffusing it really quickly...maybe it'll work?
    2a/2b
    fine-normal strands
    thick hair
    Mod CG since April 2011
    I don't think I've ever heard of the super soaker method -- I'm guessing it's wetting your hair in the a.m. and re-styling?

The last 2 nights I've plopped and unfortunately my hair hasn't been 100% dry by bedtime. BIG MISTAKE. My "curls" get flattened to my head and I have these weird, wonky waves. So I think I might do a combo of plopping and air drying, or plopping and diffusing, and getting one of those satin sleep caps. I have this one weird corkscrew curl at the top of my head today, haha!
    I'd give anything for even that, my hair likes to straighten when I sleep- not fun.
    I'm sort of stuck with what to do with my hair recently. CG weighed my hair down so I've switched to a moderate CG but I haven't found the right combination of products/technique to get my hair just right. Diffusing sort of helps, but not to the point I was hoping for.

Plopping doesn't work at all, but I wouldn't doubt I'm doing it wrong.

I just wet my hair and added some leave-in to see what my hair would do if I did nothing to it, pictures up soon!
    2a/2b
    fine-normal strands
    thick hair
    Mod CG since April 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file