Summer Bun Challenge!!

Comments

• LeeLee182LeeLee182 Posts: 784Registered Users
    Oh i've used the goody spin pins twice..i like em!

I have a bun in my hair now for bed..although i may take the pin out and replace it with a scrunchie while i sleep but anyways. I'm using one pin and it is holding my hair firmly in place.

ETA: took a pic of my bun..why do my buns always look so anemic.
    i also took one showing the spin pin.

th_Picture29.jpg th_Picture28.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did a wng today and I'll do a wng tomorrow. I trimmed off my thinning sheared ends and I am in love. Good riddance. My hair looks full and soft again. I lost a lot of length in some areas. My bun now has a few pieces that stick out on the sides or don't go all the way back. Not sure if I can continue this challenge. I'll try out my wng tomorrow and go from there.
  • trymidnighttrymidnight Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'm kinda late, but I definitely want to do this challenge!

My hair is straight at the moment because my graduation cap wouldn't have fit on my head otherwise :mrgreen: but I'll make up for it with 24/7 bunning as soon as possible. I'm loving everyone's creativity so far.
    Hair Type: Mostly 3c with some 3b at the nape. Thick, dense, dry, and very frizz-prone. Almost shoulder length when curly, brushing APL when straight.

Routine:
    CG with Aussie Moist, style with whatever gel or pomade I happen to have on hand at the moment :laughing6: (I really need to work on finding a set routine)
  • panamishepanamishe Posts: 11Registered Users
    I recently decided to do more protective styles so this will be perfect. I'll mostly be in single twists and single braids this summer...so I'll be bunning on top of that.:toothy4:
    Natural Since 2001
    super, super, super thick and super curly hair with normal porosity

two2heads.tumblr.com
  • wmariejwmariej Posts: 121Registered Users
    I've accomplished my four buns for this week. I did my bun on wet hair yesterday and re did it for today.

I need to invest in some bun accessories. To jazz it up a bit.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using CurlTalk App
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been bunning all week. This morning, I co-washed with my usual suspects and made a quick, messy, wet folded bun with a leave-in and light gel. I will probably twist my hair tonight for a dry bun tomorrow...
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    It's too late to join now probably but I bun all the time. I have some styles in my photobucket album. I think the key for me is cute accessories.

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
    It's too late to join now probably but I bun all the time. I have some styles in my photobucket album. I think the key for me is cute accessories.

Very cute! I have a few flowers I got from H&M, but I need to get more accessories myself.
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    what?! we're only 5 days in join!

I did a braid today...a half day of bun and then a braid.

:confused3:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've let my hair dry some this morning and now I'm about to put it up in my puff I think...

Hahah I just put it up...and my hair is still damp so it feels like it weighs a ton. I missed having hair!!! :)
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • EmbracingmycurlsEmbracingmycurls Posts: 10Registered Users
    I love buns and ponytails but they cause breakage at the nape of my neck, bad breakage. It's frustrating. How can a 3c function without tight buns and ponytails? I wish my hair was stronger back there. Oh well. Loose buns are cute (in the back) but if it's not tight and smoothed back the front of my hair looks a mess.

Messy buns can really look nice as well. But I know what you mean about the strays.
  • teejayteejay Posts: 537Registered Users
    Although, I haven't checked in; I have been participating.
    I have been co-washing at night then putting my hair in two strand flat twists (I guess that is what they are called). I have worn a bun everyday due to the weather. Nothing new and exciting because I haven't felt like playing in my hair. Just a regular ol' bun. I need to watch some youtube videos. :idea1:

Co-wash: VO5 Tea Therapy
    Rinse Out: Garnier Sleek 'n Shine (subject to change)
    Styler: Long Aid Curl Activator

Dislikes: Proteins (except occasional Silk protein), Cones, Oils
    I love buns and ponytails but they cause breakage at the nape of my neck, bad breakage. It's frustrating. How can a 3c function without tight buns and ponytails? I wish my hair was stronger back there. Oh well. Loose buns are cute (in the back) but if it's not tight and smoothed back the front of my hair looks a mess.

You can always smooth back the strays with a light gel or even aloe vera gel. You can always tie a satin or silk bandanna or scarf around your hairline (not tight). They are super cheap at places like Ross.
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
    I have my hair in to side twist with a low bun. I have yet to try a wet bun.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    *sigh*

I'll be enviously watching all you ladies and your lovely buns.. (wait that didn't sound right..lol)

I'm just having hair cut regrets.. It's growing, but it's too short for even a bunny tail.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ulta.com has a lot of hair accessories in their clearance section in case anyone wants to check those out.
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    So I FINALLY figured out how to add pics (hence my new avatar & sig pic). I will try to add a larger bun pic to my message but if not I will just be updating my signature picture.

Ok so I couldn't figure it out but if you click on the pic you can in large it then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • wurlacurlswurlacurls Posts: 413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I sure wish my hair was long enough 4 a bun....sigh :o(

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App
  • Wildchild453Wildchild453 Posts: 85Registered Users
    Bun are easy and coconut oil is the best oil for it. My hair is blinging, now all I have to do it start doing some interesting style bc the high bun isn't going to cut it for too long.
    So I FINALLY figured out how to add pics (hence my new avatar & sig pic). I will try to add a larger bun pic to my message but if not I will just be updating my signature picture.

Ok so I couldn't figure it out but if you click on the pic you can in large it then.

Love it!
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
    Bun are easy and coconut oil is the best oil for it. My hair is blinging, now all I have to do it start doing some interesting style bc the high bun isn't going to cut it for too long.

Yea I hear you. I started using coconut oil a month ago & I'm in love w/it! & yes I also need some new bun ideas myself...I really wish I knew how to cornrow or do flat twists so I could braid/twist up the front & then pull it all into a bun...well I guess I just discovered my new natural hair research topic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png

Love it!

Aww thanks! I'm blushing...my first pic compliment! I absolutely adore your hair too. I have since I first joined. I said when my hair grows up I want it to be just like hers! LOL.

event.png

event.png
    Been bunning...wet my hair down in the shower tonight and slathered some conditioner through it. Finger detangled a little..rinsed. Got out and added some product and squeezed out excess water with a tshirt (damn i need my curls like us cloth!)let it dry some more..put it in a bun.

Wrapped a tshirt around it. Bed time soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    bleudame.com has hair accessories for clearance and 2.95 shipping.

I shop there website often lol so it's legit and they ship fast...or at least to me sometimes i get it the next day.

I'm looking at their scarves section I think I'm going to buy some of their small scarves and use them for my hair
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    bleudame.com has hair accessories for clearance and 2.95 shipping.

I shop there website often lol so it's legit and they ship fast...or at least to me sometimes i get it the next day.

I'm looking at their scarves section I think I'm going to buy some of their small scarves and use them for my hair
    Thanks for the website! :thumbup: They have some really cool looking stuff! Not to mention those prices!
    Redid my wet bun with another wet bun.

ETA: All you heauxs get off that site turtles posted becuz it's running extremely slow. Stop tryna buy up errthang DAANNG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

Week 2 wearing buns and on day 3 hair. Dry twist-out bun again though I need to moisturize my hair tonight before bed. I will measure my hair tonight since I don't know how long it is in the back.
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Try Crystalmood.com for some cute accessories.
    This fork was 14.50 but their prices for accessories can go as low as $3.00

photo2-1.jpg

I called myself doing a bantu knot-out but it failed. This is my resulting bun with the new fork.
    photo3.jpg
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
    Try Crystalmood.com for some cute accessories.
    This fork was 14.50 but their prices for accessories can go as low as $3.00

photo2-1.jpg

I called myself doing a bantu knot-out but it failed. This is my resulting bun with the new fork.
    photo3.jpg

Beautiful & very healthy looking hair miss! The fork is very cute as well. I will definitely be checking out that site for some accessories. Thanks for sharing that link!

event.png

event.png
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    I've been wearing buns since I started transitioning. I occasionally wear it down, so I'm down for the challenge. The weather is too hot right now for me to be wearing my hair down.
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
      Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
      Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
      6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file