Summer Bun Challenge!!

Comments

• chameleonrosechameleonrose Posts: 48Registered Users
    Most of my hair is the lenght of my sides picture #2 so the back part of my hair is really the only short short piece because i recently cut it to get the shape that i wanted since i lost a lot of lenght all over after a protein treatment gone wrong. so although i can't do a low bun i can easily do a high bun, i'll do a few buns tomorrow or the day after and post pics. Hopefully you'll find them helpful. Also if you hair is prone to shrinkage like most of us curlies stretching your hair with braids or twist is really helpful. Currently i wear braids or twists for 2-3 days then take them out and bun.
    mrsjaxn84 wrote: »
    nc-lenghcheckfront.jpg
    Front
    nclenghtcheckside.jpg
    SIDE
    nclenghtcheckback.jpg
    BACK

Good luck on the challenge ladies :wave:

My hair is the same length as yours. Are you able to bun? How?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Forgot to add that i just pin that short piece up.
    Most of my hair is the lenght of my sides picture #2 so the back part of my hair is really the only short short piece because i recently cut it to get the shape that i wanted since i lost a lot of lenght all over after a protein treatment gone wrong. so although i can't do a low bun i can easily do a high bun, i'll do a few buns tomorrow or the day after and post pics. Hopefully you'll find them helpful. Also if you hair is prone to shrinkage like most of us curlies stretching your hair with braids or twist is really helpful. Currently i wear braids or twists for 2-3 days then take them out and bun.
    nc-lenghcheckfront.jpg
    Front
    nclenghtcheckside.jpg
    SIDE
    nclenghtcheckback.jpg
    BACK

• greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I started wearing my buns again last week; especially since spring hasn't showed up in Portland yet. :-| Rain, cold, wind - the works.

Most of the time, I do up my buns on already dried/twisted out hair to give it some stretch and body. Also, I don't like my hair being damp inside the bun. I still moisturize and seal my hair daily. I think I could do 4 days a week...
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • Wildchild453Wildchild453 Posts: 85Registered Users
    I'm down. I've started doing more WnGs and would prefer to keep my hair bunned. 4 days a week shouldn't be too hard.

I'm BSL now and I'm trying to get over that hump.
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
    My dearest turtles, have you seen my wet bun tutorial?

hey your video is awesome! thanks! but sleepin on your pillow with that wet bun...isn't your pillow soppy wet? everytime ive went to bed with wet hair my pillow feels like a lake the next morning
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/&quot; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My dearest turtles, have you seen my wet bun tutorial?

hey your video is awesome! thanks! but sleepin on your pillow with that wet bun...isn't your pillow soppy wet? everytime ive went to bed with wet hair my pillow feels like a lake the next morning

Nah, if anything my scarf is a little wet and then I hang it up when I'm done (forgot to say that if i do the bun at night I usually wear my hair out for a little so it's not soaking wet like in the vid). You could also wear your hair out during the day then use some condish to slick it back at night. That's what I did last night and it worked great. Although, when my hair is drier it's harder to get it in the ponytail and loop it twice b/c my hair gets so big.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • lalaallnatural10lalaallnatural10 Posts: 36Registered Users
    Hey everyone! I thought I would post in here cause it doesn't have that much traffic so I thought maybe some traffic could come this way.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to have a bunning challenge.

The Challenge would be June 1sst - September 1st.

The rules would be:

- You have to have wear some type of bun at least 4 days a week.

- You don't have to be 3c to participate you can be whatever you wanna be..I'm probably not even 3C lol.

- That is all.

- Oh and You don't have to sleep in buns..unless you want to.

- ADDED!: You can't sleep with your hair down! (that just causes a disaster for me anyway)

Anyone can chip in some rules, I have no idea really.

I thought we could update with pictures of our buns if we make any creative ones.

I'll try and post a picture of my length before or on June 1st. I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Okay well I'm going to start now but it will officially start on june 1st.

Im in i havent did any hair challenge before and i would love to try this. I also been tryin to find good protective hairstyles and im sure this would be good enough also. I would also love to see everybody's different buns so i could have some different ways i can do it also. So is there any other rules that you have thought of also? My hair is a little past my shoulders
  • naturalnewbnaturalnewb Posts: 193Registered Users
    I'm in. I usually wear twist outs and pony puffs...the bun'll be a nice change and should help me retain more length. This will be my first challenge as well :)

Much luck to you ladies!

event.png

event.png
    hey naturalnewb welcome on board. Happy dance for the first time challenge participants. will you be posting starting pics?
    I'm in. I usually wear twist outs and pony puffs...the bun'll be a nice change and should help me retain more length. This will be my first challenge as well :)

Much luck to you ladies!
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    lol no elle I haven't I'm watching it now...maybe I can do it before I go to work. ...
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    chameleonrosebunpic1.jpg
    Front (side hump)

chameleonrsosebunpic7.jpg
    Donut bun in the back (no fillers)

chameleonrosebunpic8.jpg

Thought i would include a side bun profile pic

I didnt gel up today, since i dont have much going on.

Hope all of you ladies have a nice day :)
  • HopelesslyDopeHopelesslyDope Posts: 4Registered Users
    Im totally in! I saw Elle's blog post about the challenge and joined NC.com just so i could join in!
    im kind of excited since this is my first challenge too! does that make me nerd??? i guess i'll live, lol. :-)
  • LadyMopTopLadyMopTop Posts: 11Registered Users
    Im in! Started a tad early though (3 weeks) but im in it til september!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App
  • LadyMopTopLadyMopTop Posts: 11Registered Users
    Ha! U and I did the same thing we are nerds together now :)

• mrsjaxn84mrsjaxn84 Posts: 24Registered Users
    nc-lenghcheckfront.jpg
    Front
    nclenghtcheckside.jpg
    SIDE
    nclenghtcheckback.jpg
    BACK

Thanks so much. I'm wearing mini twists for the next two weeks but after I take them out I will definitely try bunning on stretched hair.

Im totally in! I saw Elle's blog post about the challenge and joined NC.com just so i could join in!
    im kind of excited since this is my first challenge too! does that make me nerd??? i guess i'll live, lol. :-)
    LadyMopTop wrote: »
    Ha! U and I did the same thing we are nerds together now :)

Yay!!! Join us!!! :wave:
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Got my donut bun in. :)
  • Wildchild453Wildchild453 Posts: 85Registered Users
    Here's a bun that I want to try out: YouTube - ‪Natural Hair Flat Twist and Bun Pin Up‬‏
    Go saila, go saila, bun wearers unite! you guys dont have to say it i'm lame i know:glasses7:
    Saila wrote: »
    Got my donut bun in. :)
    Wearing my hair out today but will prob put it in two buns before bed to stretch the hair, then do a bun in the AM. :)
    YouTube
    First Day!

Moisturized my hair with Oyin Hair Dew, used Darcy's Botanicals Curl Cream Gel to hold the edges and flyaways back and sealed with Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir.

035-vi.jpg

036-vi.jpg]
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • naturalnewbnaturalnewb Posts: 193Registered Users
    I will start bunning tomorrow and will post a pic...if it works out. I'm not 100% certain that my hair is long enough to pull off a proper bun. *fingers crossed*

event.png

event.png
    greenandchic, so pretty!

Scratch me wearing my hair out today - my hair in the back was touching my cotton tshirt wrap thingie that I really want to wear, so I pulled my hair back in a low messy bun. I bobby pinned one side because my far bangs couldn't fit, but I'm pretty excited I was able to do this. :)
    YouTube
    Omg, look at the size of your bun! yummy, it looks super moisturized as well.
    First Day!

Moisturized my hair with Oyin Hair Dew, used Darcy's Botanicals Curl Cream Gel to hold the edges and flyaways back and sealed with Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir.

035-vi.jpg

036-vi.jpg]
  • LeeLee182LeeLee182 Posts: 784Registered Users
    I'm in. I've pretty much been wearing my hair in a bun or pony puff type thing for about a month.

I'll post some starting length pics at some point. My buns are usually pretty boring. This is the one i just redid for today.
    I like to add those phony pony things..the ones where u wrap it around ur ponytail/bun.

th_Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS8xMDU.jpg th_Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS8xMDQ.jpg

*clickable.* ugh my body looks mad awkward looking trying to take certain angles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Omg, look at the size of your bun! yummy, it looks super moisturized as well.
    First Day!

035-vi.jpg

036-vi.jpg]

I know right!!!

damn shawty got a bun on her. :laughing4:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ^^ It's so big and luscious! :love5:
    Awww, thanks ladies! <blush!> :occasion5:

I do have a massive bun, LOL. I will try to keep this up at least 4 days a week...
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • LeeLee182LeeLee182 Posts: 784Registered Users
    GNC, do you ever wear your hair in french rolls? I think your hair would look sooo damn pretty in one! Altho you could probably roll out the bed and still have nice hair l0l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
    LeeLee182 wrote: »
    GNC, do you ever wear your hair in french rolls? I think your hair would look sooo damn pretty in one! Altho you could probably roll out the bed and still have nice hair l0l

I haven't really thought about it, but it sounds like a great idea! That would go in line with the challenge as well if I tried that....hmmmm...

Thanks for the compliment!
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file