Summer Bun Challenge!!

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    here's mine. excuse my dirty mirror.

Your hair looks curlier, I like! I don't feel like taking a picture...lol...be back....
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users

Your hair looks curlier, I like! I don't feel like taking a picture...lol...be back....

Probably because I haven't used gel, I kind of chillaxed on the gel addiction I had for a while lol, I also chillaxed on the coconut oil haven't used that in a while (i hate when people say chillaxing haahaa)
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg

Probably because I haven't used gel, I kind of chillaxed on the gel addiction I had for a while lol, I also chillaxed on the coconut oil haven't used that in a while (i hate when people say chillaxing haahaa)

Ah, gotcha. Well it looks good.

I just realized I don't have my laptop so I can't upload a pic.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is the best I can do for pictures right now.

ETA: I just realized the second picture looks really weird. My hair isn't really uneven like that, I swear! LOL
    lol don't worry saila YOU'RE BUN IS SO PRETTY!

I had mine in lazy bun and took a picture I was afraid it was gonna look crazy when I took it down but it came out okay
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
    foreverturtles, your hair is freaking GORGEOUS!
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/&quot; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
    foreverturtles, your hair is freaking GORGEOUS!

thanks!

and thanks elle! I realized I never said thank you cause I'm an *******. :mrgreen:
    Thanks turtles! Do we get rollover bun days?
    Saila wrote: »
    Thanks turtles! Do we get rollover bun days?

LOL...uhhhh:blah5:
    LOL at rollover bun days...I just think exceptions need to be okay! A bun is not hawt going out hair for me. I would compromise with a ponytail puff though.

Just did my bun for tomorrow.
    YouTube
    LOLOL. I asked because I am on a bunning streak but I might burn out.
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    nc-lenghcheckfront.jpg
    Front
    nclenghtcheckside.jpg
    SIDE
    nclenghtcheckback.jpg
    BACK

Good luck on the challenge ladies :wave:

I love your hair! It looks like it'll feel very springy and spongy!

Question for you girls: How are you combating the mid-day bun frizzies? My bun looks good for the first couple of hours and then BAM--halo of frizz especially around my edges. Do I need more gel?
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
    Nana, I do my bun at night so I can have my scarf smooth down my hair while I sleep without gel - in the AM, sometimes whatever I've used makes my hair too soft (like the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, which is what I used last night), so then I will add some gel and redo the bun. I've also found that using a gel without glycerin keeps frizzies at bay more - when I use glycerin gels, the moisture hits my hair and it's very soft but I get flyaways.
    YouTube
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    Thanks Elly!
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
    nana, yesterday I smoothed some nubian heritage mango butter ...well I wet my hair first not soaking but you know misted it with water then applied the mango butter when my hair was in the bun just smoothed over the frizzies and they were gone the whole day!

Until I woke up..but I sleep like a beast anyway. :toothy4:
  • sadashorttsadashortt Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm in too; its going to be a challenge but I'm going to stick with it along with my no heat challenge. :laughing4:
    I mix a few drops of jojoba oil with my LALSG. I don't use oils for my wngs, but it works perfectly for my buns. The oil kind of makes the gel more of a pomade-type texture.
  • chameleonrosechameleonrose Posts: 48Registered Users
    Thank you so much! that was a 4 day old braid out that i bunned after 2 days. i took these pics a couple of hours before i washed my hair, looks fluffy but felt icky.

As for mid-day halo frizz, i've had that happen to me and it's usually when i used a light hold gel like kiss my face upper management gel or aloe vera gel. a couple of weeks ago i was using my kinky curly curling custard to do my buns. it kept the hairs tucked in the bun super moisturized and the parts exposed to air when dry, had a strong enough hold to keep the frizzies at bay. Most recently though i've been using miss jessies curly pudding to smooth down my edges and the baby buttercream on the remainder of my hair since i dont mind the messy bun look.
    nc-lenghcheckfront.jpg
    Front
    nclenghtcheckside.jpg
    SIDE
    nclenghtcheckback.jpg
    BACK

I love your hair! It looks like it'll feel very springy and spongy!

Question for you girls: How are you combating the mid-day bun frizzies? My bun looks good for the first couple of hours and then BAM--halo of frizz especially around my edges. Do I need more gel?
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
    i know a few of you have explained your bunning regimens...but im ....not to hair savvy, is there a video explaining more about moisture/protective buns? i coulda swore i saw one on a website but i cant find it again! and i did a bun today...and it was loose but i feel like it is so DRY :/ arghhh
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/&quot; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
    i know a few of you have explained your bunning regimens...but im ....not to hair savvy, is there a video explaining more about moisture/protective buns? i coulda swore i saw one on a website but i cant find it again! and i did a bun today...and it was loose but i feel like it is so DRY :/ arghhh

Are you moisturizing and sealing? I spritz with water and seal with jojoba oil. If you are keeping the same bun for more than one day, you might have to do this daily. It might also be helpful to apply product (such as a leave in condish) section by section, instead of just the top.
    When I do my buns, I apply my products just like I would to do a wash n go to ensure my hair is properly moisturized, then I put my hair up in a wet bun. I sleep in the bun with my satin scarf tied around my head. In the AM, I usually take my bun down and smooth it a bit more with condish or gel, and redo it. if I think the actual bun is getting dry I spray it with a refresher spray, but my hair is always super soft in my bun.
    YouTube
    Here is my bun today - done on wet hair last night, redid it this morning.633be87d-5e3e-1d1a.jpg

Posting from the CurlTalk App - Fly like a G6
    YouTube
    how are yall getting these donut like buns?!?

when I try to make a bun like that it looks like this:

knot.jpg

i know bread...but it's the only thing I can thing of and I"m too lazy to take a picture and upload it.
    My dearest turtles, have you seen my wet bun tutorial?
    YouTube
    Your bun is so lush! very pretty.
    Here is my bun today - done on wet hair last night, redid it this morning.633be87d-5e3e-1d1a.jpg

Posting from the CurlTalk App - Fly like a G6
    ^^Thank ya! And might I add, you are quite the cutie patootie!
    YouTube
    Hey turtles,
    here's Elle's aka denimpixie aka ellyellyoxenfree aka something else i can't remember tutorial lol. you'll never have a non donut bun again

knot.jpg

i know bread...but it's the only thing I can thing of and I"m too lazy to take a picture and upload it.
    totally forgot the link :YouTube - ‪Wet Bunning on Natural Hair‬‏
    Blame it on my lack of meat and dairy products :)
    Hey turtles,
    here's Elle's aka denimpixie aka ellyellyoxenfree aka something else i can't remember tutorial lol. you'll never have a non donut bun again

knot.jpg

Thanx!!!
    ^^Thank ya! And might I add, you are quite the cutie patootie!
  • mrsjaxn84mrsjaxn84 Posts: 24Registered Users
    nc-lenghcheckfront.jpg
    Front
    nclenghtcheckside.jpg
    SIDE
    nclenghtcheckback.jpg
    BACK

My hair is the same length as yours. Are you able to bun? How?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file