Summer Bun Challenge!!

14567810»

Comments

• DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
    MissDarcei wrote: »
    I think I might try a fall bun challenge. Last fall I was in twists the whole time. Hopefully my hair wont tangle too much!

If i could get my hair to STAY in a bun, I'd do it with you. Fall fashion looka great with a nice top knot bun. :) incorporate some braids and twists and it'd be great. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
  • MissDarceiMissDarcei Posts: 193Registered Users
    I started bunning today! So far so good.
    3c Hair
    Fine Strands, High Density, Low Porosity
    CG since August 2011
    :love4:Loving my hair!!!:love4:
    I started bunning today! So far so good.

How do you do yours? Mine just WON'T stay right. Maybe i have too many layers. Idk.

I do it on damp hair to get it smooth with my hands and I Roll, French braid or French twist and pin the loose parts.
    3c Hair
    CG since August 2011
    I do it on damp hair to get it smooth with my hands and I Roll, French braid or French twist and pin the loose parts.

I feel slow lol. How do you sleep with it?

I have a side bun in today and I can't sleep like that so I undo it and do a low bun to sleep. I just sleep on my satin pillowcase. Then tomorrow I spray my hair with conditioner and water til it's damp and make a different bun. Probably a top knot tomorrow. Always good to switch up the position of the bun so you're not putting tension on the same spot all the time.
    3c Hair
    CG since August 2011

I have a side bun in today and I can't sleep like that so I undo it and do a low bun to sleep. I just sleep on my satin pillowcase. Then tomorrow I spray my hair with conditioner and water til it's damp and make a different bun. Probably a top knot tomorrow. Always good to switch up the position of the bun so you're not putting tension on the same spot all the time.

Thank you so much for replying, even though they semt like pretty obvious questions. I appreciate it. I'm gonna try it tomorrow. I'd really like to start bunning for the fall and winter along with my no heat challenge, and until February probably, when I'll straighten my hair. Hopefully I'll see some good length! Do you take any vitamins? For hair growth or health?

No problem :) its taken me a while to figure out my own hair and I'm still learning too. No I don't take anything for hair growth. I've tried before but the pills were so huge lol I've just learned to be patient.
    3c Hair
    CG since August 2011
    No problem :) its taken me a while to figure out my own hair and I'm still learning too. No I don't take anything for hair growth. I've tried before but the pills were so huge lol I've just learned to be patient.

Same here lol. Plus with proper care and length retention, i think hair grows the same as with vitamins. I'm gonna try the bunning tomorrow and hopefully post a picture! Hopefully it works out. :)

Heres a picture of my bun today :)
    3c Hair
    CG since August 2011

Yay! You're so beautiful!

Yay! You're so beautiful!

3c Hair
    CG since August 2011
    I tried today...and failed terribly lol. :( curls were coming out and they were too short to pin. I ended up in a high ponytail. Not so protected. :/

I tried today...and failed terribly lol. :( curls were coming out and they were too short to pin. I ended up in a high ponytail. Not so protected. :/

When my curls poke out of the bun, I take a bobby pin and stick it into the bun itself. Kinda weird to explain but I just attack that sticking out curl with a bobby pin and pin it onto the bun? lol So the pin goes inside the bun not on the surface or anything.
    3c Hair
    CG since August 2011

When my curls poke out of the bun, I take a bobby pin and stick it into the bun itself. Kinda weird to explain but I just attack that sticking out curl with a bobby pin and pin it onto the bun? lol So the pin goes inside the bun not on the surface or anything.

I was always worried that would damage my ends. I feel like i have the most damage prone ends ever. But I'll try it! :) i need more bun ideas, i hate doing the same style.

• itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte

AHAHAHA I do the exact same thing and always whine to myself about all the flawless buns I see and how I'm probably the only simpleton who has to stick bobby pins into her bun to keep hairs tucked in.

Not that you're a simpleton, obviously. :)
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file