CurlTalk

Summer Bun Challenge!!

murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
Hey everyone! I thought I would post in here cause it doesn't have that much traffic so I thought maybe some traffic could come this way.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to have a bunning challenge.

The Challenge would be June 1sst - September 1st.

The rules would be:

- You have to have wear some type of bun at least 4 days a week.

- You don't have to be 3c to participate you can be whatever you wanna be..I'm probably not even 3C lol.

- That is all.

- Oh and You don't have to sleep in buns..unless you want to.

- ADDED!: You can't sleep with your hair down! (that just causes a disaster for me anyway)

Anyone can chip in some rules, I have no idea really.

I thought we could update with pictures of our buns if we make any creative ones.

I'll try and post a picture of my length before or on June 1st. I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Okay well I'm going to start now but it will officially start on june 1st.
tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Very likely that I will be participating in this challenge. Even if I start my hair "down" in the morning during this timeframe, it usually ends up in a ponytail or bun at some point.

Can twists and rolls or other updos count, too?
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    yes I don't see why not!

I'm off to google what rolls are...

I wanted to use the title summer bun..because it sounded like summer fun...(get it?) *bu dut dink*
    I bought spin pin mini's and the modern updo clip at walgreens it was buy one 50% off...I'm going to use the modern up do clip tonight at work!
  • chameleonrosechameleonrose Posts: 48Registered Users
    I'm in, getting a head start since i'm blanking on what styles to do with my hair. i probably won't sleep in a bun but i'll do 2 pigtales to go to sleep.

Maybe another one of the rules could be that we can't sleep with our hair out. because lord knows if i fall asleep with my hair all over the place, i'll spent 30 minutes crying in the shower as the water gets cold.

I'm 3c/4a in case anyone is curious.
    My first challenge yay!!:happy4: (happy dance)
    Hey everyone! I thought I would post in here cause it doesn't have that much traffic so I thought maybe some traffic could come this way.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to have a bunning challenge.

The Challenge would be June 1sst - September 1st.

The rules would be:

- You have to have wear some type of bun at least 4 days a week.

- You don't have to be 3c to participate you can be whatever you wanna be..I'm probably not even 3C lol.

- That is all.

- Oh and You don't have to sleep in buns..unless you want to.

Anyone can chip in some rules, I have no idea really.

I thought we could update with pictures of our buns if we make any creative ones.

I'll try and post a picture of my length before or on June 1st. I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Okay well I'm going to start now but it will officially start on june 1st.
    i'll post some lenght check pics before june 1st.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Four days? Sigh. I guess I'll join you.

Posting from the CurlTalk App - Fly like a G6
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I am totally wanting the Goody Spin Pin Minis. I haven't seen them yet locally. :(

foreverturtles, they might be listed at "log rolls" for hair. I can't remember for sure. I sure don't have enough hair to compare it to a log, but it does sort of roll the way that I get the hair smooshed together.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    I'm in! I'm quitting at the first signs of bun depression though. :laughing4:
    " bun depression" hehehe :laughing5:
    Saila wrote: »
    I'm in! I'm quitting at the first signs of bun depression though. :laughing4:
  • erockaerocka Posts: 7Registered Users
    oh! my gawd! i was thinking of doing this myself, now i have motivation, the only reason i haven't worn a bun, is because i couldn't sleep in it.
    Chameleonrose- i'm happy dancing with you...this is my first challenge tooo...yaaaaaay!:occasion9:
    hair type: 3b/3c

my website for my art (which is mostly afro inspired): www.lamedame.com
    I am battling hair depression, so maybe I just need to put it away for awhile.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

is that too easy? LOL.

I wore a low bun tonight and I didn't use that modern updo clip because i couldn't get it to cooperate with my hair..I used the spin pin minis.

is that too easy? LOL.

I wore a low bun tonight and I didn't use that modern updo clip because i couldn't get it to cooperate with my hair..I used the spin pin minis.

No, but it's doable...so I have no excuse not to join. I like to wear my hair out on the weekend though so if you said like ALL buns, I'd have to say naw girl.
    YouTube
  • teejayteejay Posts: 537Registered Users
    I am already doing this. So, you may as well count me in!

Co-wash: VO5 Tea Therapy
    Rinse Out: Garnier Sleek 'n Shine (subject to change)
    Styler: Long Aid Curl Activator

Dislikes: Proteins (except occasional Silk protein), Cones, Oils
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
    yeah! im on board...its too hot in the summer for me to wear my hair down...might as well
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
  • aubinaubin Posts: 286Registered Users
    I'm in too! I'll be doing French rolls/twists though instead of buns.
    3c/4a OS curls
    Poo: Mehandi Zizyphus Spina Christi and Juniper Shampoo Bar
    Co-wash/Detangler/Leave-in: V05, Giovanni SAS, Tresemme Naturals, Suave Naturals, GVP Conditioning Balm, Aussie Moist
    DC: henna, AOHR, AOWC, Yes to Carrots, DevaOne
    Sealing: cocoa butter
    :clock:Natural since 1990, BC #3 September 2008:clock:
  • wmariejwmariej Posts: 121Registered Users
    I'm in! Its too dang hot for my hair to be loose! Its like wearing a fur cap. I've been wanting to try the spin pins so now would be a good time to try them out.
    My first challenge!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using CurlTalk App
    today I used my mini spin pins and made three mini buns in my hair.
  • NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users
    I've been wearing my hair in buns since last October. Worn it down a few times. Thought I would try this Spring. But, nope. I can't deal with it right now. This is definitely a challenge I can complete successfully! I wear two buns with spin pins at least 5 days a week. One bun gives me a massive headache. Instead of pics I will refer to a YouTube vid if that's ok.

Sent from my T-Mobile MyTouch 4G using CurlTalk App
    YouTube & Twitter <<TheCurlyFitChic
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
    I enjoy your vids, gimme!
    YouTube
  • mekahwbbmekahwbb Posts: 109Registered Users
    I'm in too sounds like fun!

event.png

Around apl but going to wl
    coily, wavy, tightly curly, kinky, nappy hair:toothy4:
    Natural products are the bomb.
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    Is everyone going to post before pictures on the first? :) It'll be fun to look back a few months later!
    I'm going to! it will be a good way to see if this challenge helps me retain more lenght then normal; since i'm not big on protective styling or low manipulation for that matter.
    Is everyone going to post before pictures on the first? :) It'll be fun to look back a few months later!
    I'm going to! it will be a good way to see if this challenge helps me retain more lenght then normal; since i'm not big on protective styling or low manipulation for that matter.

I'm down
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    I'm not going to officially join because I don't want to wear my hair in a bun 4 times a week. But I'll be following this thread and doing more protective styles in general. :)
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Count me in to. Since I started my HHJ I've been wearing my hair in bantu knots as my protective style 99% of the time anyway & I want to grow my hair out hopefully for another yr or two & was thinking of doing buns all summer for a switch.

Besides I think a nice bun can take you from the beach to dinner during the summer w/out too much fuss and/or damage. Can't wait to see everyone takes on how to do different buns w/different lengths of hair!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
    i know we said buns...but i have a quick question can a low loose braid be a supplement, my hair is grown really long and of course its too hot to wear down but sometimes i like braids to show my length, if not ill just bun...just curious! :)
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
    Sure the buns are only 4 days out of the week. I mean idk I'm not a good leader. Lol
    nc-lenghcheckfront.jpg
    Front
    nclenghtcheckside.jpg
    SIDE
    nclenghtcheckback.jpg
    BACK

Good luck on the challenge ladies :wave:
    here's mine. excuse my dirty mirror.