CurlTalk

What are you watching now?

kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
Between being inspired by the "what are you reading now?" threads and the fact that I am a huge movie junkie, (I go through about 5 movies minimum per week) I decided to start this thread. Hope you guys will post the movie you are watching and a 9/10 rating.

I'll start.

Atonement- 7/10

I like it quite a bit, and I the soundtrack is really good.
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    My neighbors pile all their carp for the community garage sale today on my driveway, side lawn, their driveway, their front yard......it's gonna be a loooong day..... tg it's controlled any only once/twice a year! :laughing6:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Oh Wile.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    The Paralympic Show. Channel 4 in the UK
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • ninja_stefninja_stef Posts: 42Registered Users
    Well, I'm not exactly watching a movie (I actually border on hating movies!), but I'm watching a Little House on the Prairie marathon on Hallmark Channel.

Little House on the Prairie- 9/10
    My routine:
    • Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    • Rinse Out: Suave Coconut & Honey
    • Cold Water Rinse
    • Leave-In: Suave Naturals Coconut
    • Scrunch in a dab of olive oil
    • Gel: Herbal Essence Set Me Up
    • Plop for 45 min. to an hour
    • Clip and air dry
    • When nearly dry, pineapple for a few minutes, then SOTC
    I'm just a 3a/3b curly teen trying to manage the crazy humidity in MS!
    lol...this is what it looked like a coupla years ago...
    4020624176_b29b6c372b_z.jpg?zz=1

Hubby and I saw Tron not too long ago....I thought it was pretty good...reminded me kinda of Logan's Run..
    I'm dating myself....haha

Oh, also saw the movie Red w/ Bruce Willis...thought it was good...love a good thriller!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire :eye:
    Some like it Hot

8/10.

How comedy should be.
    "
  • P.P.P.P. Posts: 1,617Registered Users
    Jackie Brown in 15 mins.

Sent from my iPhone ~ YippieKiYay, MddrFqr!
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    I saw Winter's Bone last night...great acting by the young lead acrtress. Black Swan should come in the mail on Monday!

8/10
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
    Across the Universe

The music! I need to get the soundtrack for this! Wish I has gotten a chance to see this on a big screen. The cinematography is lovely.

7/10

This is based on how pretty the movie is and some wonderfully choreographed dance sequences, cause this movie can go from plot to weird in a minute.
    "
  • etchasketchetchasketch Posts: 56Registered Users
    This thread is so awesome! I need a place to get out my inner film snob lol. I watched the fighter last night....it was pretty quality. I expected an ok movie about sports and got something totally different. Also, mark walhberg. Nice. 8/10
    3b! CG since February '11
    Cleanse: Giovanni 50:50 'poo, Deva No-Poo, TJNS for co-wash
    Condition: TN, YTCarrots, AOHR
    Style: F/X curl booster, FOTE AVG, KCCC!, BRHG on top of EVERYTHING

Avoid glycerin and protein like the plague!
    ok Jackie Brown 7/10

Defending Your Life 7/10

OT: random Youtube clips ~

about River Phoenix :sad7:

YouTube - The Industry Part 70 - River Phoenix

also i just realized that UnderDog( i loved that cartoon!) was an addict.:-?

YouTube - Conditioning Your Mind (Get Em Hooked)
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
    The Stros kick AZs ass! :laughing2:
    0004.gif

• PRINCETONPRINCETON Posts: 872Registered Users
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • bluesheepbluesheep Posts: 300Registered Users
    Game 7 of the NHL Eastern Conference finals. Go Bruins!
    3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
    Gudonya Salty Dawg (etsy), SM Moisture Retention
    CO: Gudonya Intense (etsy), SM Restorative, Tresemme Naturals
    LI: Gudonya IHC, SMCH Milk, Tresemme Nat, Biotera LI
    Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Homemade DTs, PTs and Pre-Poos
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
    now i'm watching...Lady GaGa's monster ball on demand :?
    oy vey!

I Love Lucy.:lol:

Sent from my iPhone ~ YippieKiYay, MddrFqr!
    - Jean Cocteau

How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying- 7/10

I love musicals!
    "
    kayb wrote: »

I love musicals!

lmao this post combined with the gif in your signature makes it look like you REALLY love musicals. it made me laugh, at least.

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I tried to watch "The Last Exorcism" but it was shot with a hand held camera, which makes me dizzy, so only saw first few mins. Can't rate fairly.

Also tried to watch "Stone" with Edward Norton, Robert DeNiro, Milla Jovo & Frances Conroy, but couldn't get through it. 4/10

Not my day for movies, sadly.
    ^

You can suggest them for this week's Movies..... The theme is movies we couldn't finish (and would like to subject others to the same level of pain) :toothy7:
    "

I love musicals!

lmao this post combined with the gif in your signature makes it look like you REALLY love musicals. it made me laugh, at least.

ha ha ha....That is my reaction whenever I hear the word "movie(s)." :love5:

I always spend a day or two after watching a good musical lamenting the fact that I can neither sing nor dance. My child will be a thespian!

The gif makes me smile every time I see it.
    "

I love musicals!

Finally getting around to the last hour of the movie and I LOVE IT! It's now an 8/10. For some reason I'm reading it and imagining modern actors in the roles.

James Franco, Jessica Simpson, Jim Carey (old as he may be), Daniel Radcliffe, can't find a Rosemary though. (ETA: Justin Timberlake's GF could be Rosemary).
    "
    - Jean Cocteau

• FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Dora the Explorer
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • misspvgrad07misspvgrad07 Posts: 99Registered Users
    All my daytime shows that come on while I'm @ work!!! Always have the DVR set

Sent from my  using CurlTalk
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Nothing. I'm still trying to get that damned annoying Teddy Roosevelt impersonator from A & OL out of my head. I wanted to duct-tape his mouth closed every time he ran up the stairs with upraised sword.

I just can't suggest horrible movies, kayb. Unless it's funny/bad, like some moronic thing I saw with a monster-murderer and the line "Don't you be a hero!"

I hear "The Tourist" was terrible. There's a podcast called "How did this get made?" in which they discuss bad movies. They discussed "The Tourist" this week. No one had anything good to say about it. But they were very funny.
    About to hit this shower before dougie howser md comes on

Vertigo. Suspenseful it is. That dream
    sequence was one of the nuttiest things I've ever seen. Oh, Alfred!

7/10
    "
    Judge Joe brown on the DVR