calorie counting question

sundaysunday Registered Users Posts: 535
When you count calories, do you count the calories you get from veggies? It seems like my side salad and aspagus took up a lot of calories (yes, I know they're good for me..).
3 something
fotki pw: sunday

Comments

• SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    Hello, yes, you'd count everything your put in your mouth. But yes veggies ARE Good for you! Check out
    www.sparkpeople.com
    they do all the calorie counting for you! all you have to do is tell them what you ate and how much! Really user-friendly. hth
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • sundaysunday Registered Users Posts: 535
    Thanks so much! That site is much better than the one I've been using.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    you're welcome. I love that site! At first, I was using fitday.com but someone else on here mentioned sparkpeople, and ever since the first visit, I've been hooked and never went back to fitday. Happy counting!!!

oh, and remember what ever you eat- everything has calories (just about) So take advantage of it; get something else out of it like vitamins, antioxidants, protein, fiber, etc.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • CuteCoilsCuteCoils Registered Users Posts: 118
    Definitely!

Count calories for anything you ingest, even plain water (o/zero calories).

3500cal =1pound.

So to loose weight, you need to burn more calories than you are taking in. And in addition to excercise, most fitness experts suggest cutting your daily caloric intake by 500 calories in general. And that should help a lot.

1. lots of cardio-for weightloss (treadmill, life-cycle, swimming).
    2. Resistance/strength training-for toning and definition and getting rid of those unsightly jiggles (pilates, weights, yoga).
    3. proper diet and modified caloric intake (lots of veggies, water, fruits, other foods in moderation).

good luck!
    Products and Books That Changed My Life!:

1. Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book
    by Jane Johnson (amazon.com)

2. Honey+Conditioner=The BestDang DT, Ever!

3. Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta 'Poo&Cond.
    4. Hair Milk
  • Curlyperm12Curlyperm12 Registered Users Posts: 66
    You definitely need to count the calories in your fruits and vegetables. Certain foods like Avocados, are very high in calories. Also, with your salads be very careful with how much salad dressing you put on them, especially the creamy dressings. If your at a restaurant, order your salad dressing to the side. Many women cancel out the health benefits of eating a fresh salad by loading their salad with high fat dressings.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file