Silicones in no-poo regimen?

LoriLuLoriLu Registered Users Posts: 12
Is it possible, while growing out a relaxer, to do lo-poo or no-poo with one of my old silicone-containing "straightening" conditioners? The relaxer is almost completely gone, actually, it has grown out 1 full year and the last couple of inches are still hanging down only on my longest layer, in the back of my head. I still want to blow out my waves sometimes, especially while I am growing out my bangs, which are too short to wear curly (or too curly to wear short.)

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    Welcome to NC.com

The point of co-washing is to avoid silicone containing conditioners; so no it's not possible otherwise it wouldn't be CG. CG is to promote moisture and with conditioners containing silicones they sometimes block out moisture as they build up on the hair strand which may later cause breakage.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • LoriLuLoriLu Registered Users Posts: 12
    I think I finally get it. Even though salons manage to make my hair look "perfect" (straight) with their product and their blowouts, I always can still feel when I wash it at home it just feels damaged and straw-like. Thanks for reply!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file