Clear and healthy skin

lysilysi Posts: 47Registered Users
I have what the doctors call hair bumbs the are very irritating and ugly I have them all over my body. I'm looking for natural ways to help clear up my skin and make healthy (for my whole body)

Comments

• aliquotaliquot Posts: 227Registered Users
    Is it like keratosis pilaris - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

I don't know how old you are but they say this goes away with age. I'm 25 and I still have them on my arms. As the wiki states, exfoliating helps, and moisturizing, but there isn't a cure, really. Creams with exfoliating agents like AHAs can also help at least improve texture of the skin.
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
  • lysilysi Posts: 47Registered Users
    I'm 19 and I've had it since I was little. But thank you for the info
    I've had mine since I was little as well. I quite like the Alpha Hydrox products because they are fairly cheap. They have products with different chemical exfoliants like glycolic or lactic acid so you can see which one works better for you. My only complaint is that they don't smell very pleasant so I only use mine at night lol
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ

RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    I'll have to try it... I use to make my own exfoliating scrub that works great but I had to stop using it bc of my headaches
    Ohhh, how do you make it?
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ

RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Sugar, lemon juice, and a little olive oil. I dnt use measurements I do it by eye and how I like my scrub... But I would say like 4table spoons of sugar, 2table spoons of lemon juice and a half teaspoon of olive oil... Usually make enough for aweek and keep in frig. I used it ever other day and noticed a diff in a week or so
  • ninja_stefninja_stef Posts: 42Registered Users
    aliquot wrote: »
    Is it like keratosis pilaris - Keratosis pilaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know how old you are but they say this goes away with age. I'm 25 and I still have them on my arms. As the wiki states, exfoliating helps, and moisturizing, but there isn't a cure, really. Creams with exfoliating agents like AHAs can also help at least improve texture of the skin.

Thanks for posting that link, aliquot!
    I've been wondering about this for some time. I went to the doctor when I was younger about this, but he just told me not to worry because it would go away. He didn't even give us a name for it.
    Presently, mine isn't as bad on my arms because I've been in the sun alot. But I was wondering- what product do you use with AHA?
    My routine:
    • Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    • Rinse Out: Suave Coconut & Honey
    • Cold Water Rinse
    • Leave-In: Suave Naturals Coconut
    • Scrunch in a dab of olive oil
    • Gel: Herbal Essence Set Me Up
    • Plop for 45 min. to an hour
    • Clip and air dry
    • When nearly dry, pineapple for a few minutes, then SOTC
    I'm just a 3a/3b curly teen trying to manage the crazy humidity in MS!
  • quietstormquietstorm Posts: 148Registered Users
    If you have kp (keratosis pilaris), regular exfoliation (mechanical or chemical) helps but you must be consistent or it will come back. It's hard work. I have a little by my elbow and on the back of my thighs and I just use a skin brush, exfoliating gloves or a microfiber cloth.

3c/4a mix with an annoying loose wavy area in crown.

Thick Strands, Medium Density, Normal Porosity

BC in Jan. 2009 after transitioning for about 2 yrs

Current Length: APL

Product Junkie
    . I have tried it all... well almost. :glasses8:

I
    ♥ Ayurveda!
    ninja_stef wrote: »
    Is it like keratosis pilaris - Keratosis pilaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for posting that link, aliquot!
    I've been wondering about this for some time. I went to the doctor when I was younger about this, but he just told me not to worry because it would go away. He didn't even give us a name for it.
    Presently, mine isn't as bad on my arms because I've been in the sun alot. But I was wondering- what product do you use with AHA?

Product Line - Alpha Hydrox - Neoteric Cosmetics, Inc.
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ

RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
  • ninja_stefninja_stef Posts: 42Registered Users
    quietstorm wrote: »
    If you have kp (keratosis pilaris), regular exfoliation (mechanical or chemical) helps but you must be consistent or it will come back. It's hard work. I have a little by my elbow and on the back of my thighs and I just use a skin brush, exfoliating gloves or a microfiber cloth.

I've noticed that it's more concentrated by my elbows. However, it's smaller there compared to my upper arm. Thankfully, it's all contained in those areas! Thanks for the microfiber cloth tip!
    Thanks for the product rec!
    My routine:
    • Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    • Rinse Out: Suave Coconut & Honey
    • Cold Water Rinse
    • Leave-In: Suave Naturals Coconut
    • Scrunch in a dab of olive oil
    • Gel: Herbal Essence Set Me Up
    • Plop for 45 min. to an hour
    • Clip and air dry
    • When nearly dry, pineapple for a few minutes, then SOTC
    I'm just a 3a/3b curly teen trying to manage the crazy humidity in MS!
  • twirlygrannytwirlygranny Posts: 1,114Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    After you exfoliate, moisturize with unrefined shea butter to soften and help prevent rapid build-up of dead skin cells.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file