CurlTalk

Got my Curl Genie Profile, only took 6 days!

kady05kady05 Posts: 69Registered Users
Got an email last night with my profile, can't believe how fast it came!

Anyway, results:

Texture: Fine (no big surprise there)
Porosity: Normal
Elasticity: Normal

So I need to stay away from heavy emollients & my hair loves protein.. I'm starting to realize that; did a protein treatment last Sunday and my hair was definitely happier.

Some of the products recommended for me I already have, so that's good, but I may try some of the others just to see what I think.

Anywho, just wanted to share to see if anyone else here had the same properties as me!
-Kady

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,095Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i also just got mine. i was surprised to find out my hair has low elasticity. this confuses me and that is usually caused by overprocessing and/or heat damage.
    i stopped coloring my hair in march 2008, so no part of processed hair left, and i rarely use a hair dryer and if i do, it's with a diffuser and only for about 4 minutes. never, ever used a flat iron.....
    so, where does this come from?
    i am going to try to use a tiny bit more protein, they said that might help.

any suggestions?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    You could try Coloresse Neutral Protein Filler from Sally's. Mix a little with your condish in your hand and see how that goes.
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    kady05 wrote: »

Anyway, results:

So I need to stay away from heavy emollients & my hair loves protein.. I'm starting to realize that; did a protein treatment last Sunday and my hair was definitely happier.

Some of the products recommended for me I already have, so that's good, but I may try some of the others just to see what I think.

Anywho, just wanted to share to see if anyone else here had the same properties as me!
    You have inspired me to finally print mine out and send it in!
  • kady05kady05 Posts: 69Registered Users
    swtndspcy wrote: »
    You have inspired me to finally print mine out and send it in!

:) I couldn't believe it when I got the email last night. I mailed it on the 13th, so really, it only took 3-4 days for the results if you count mailing time. The results are 14pgs. long, and I found all the reading to be pretty neat. For $20, I think it was worth it!
    -Kady
  • creativelicensecreativelicense Posts: 422Registered Users

Anyway, results:

We're hair twins!

Sent from my G2X via Curl Talk , Pardon spelling errors
    Curl Style: 3b/3c
    Texture: Fine

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    RO: GVP CB
    Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
    Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG

Anyway, results:

We're hair twins!

Ah good to know! I will have to look at your product list :) I guess I should edit my signature now..
    -Kady
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users

Anyway, results:

We're hair twins!

Me, too! I'm also fine w/normal porosity & elasticity!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissCurlGirlMissCurlGirl Posts: 141Registered Users
    I'm your hair twin too

Sent from my ADR6400L Thunderbolt using CurlTalk App
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fshop%2FJewelryCreations" class="Popup
    Hair Type: 3A/3B, Texture Fine, Thin, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity
    Shampoo: DevaCurl NoPoo, CJ DF
    Conditioner: DevaCurl OneC, CJ CF, CJ BSC, CJAO
    Leave-In: CJ BCLI, CJ Hubiscus & Banana Honey Butta
    Styling: CIAB, AG:recoil, CJ CCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG, DevaCurl AnGel, BRHG, CJ CQG, Komaza Coconut products, Curls products
    Finishing: CHS Tweek, SS Emollience
    DT & PT: DevaCurl Heaven in Hair, SS DD, CJ RM!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm your hair twin too

Sent from my ADR6400L Thunderbolt using CurlTalk App

We actually use a lot of the same products :)
    -Kady