writing a resignation letter...I got a job!!

cyndicyndi Registered Users Posts: 3,341
As I've mentioned, I was not happy with my current job. Well, I just accepted a job in a private practice. I'M SO EXCITED. I'm nervous about turning in my resignation letter. How does this sound?

Dear Ms. XXX,

Please accept this letter of resignation from XXX Independent School District as a Speech-Language Pathologist. My last day of employment will be June 10th, 2011.

I appreciate the opportunities I have been given during my time with XXX ISD, as well as the professional guidance and support that I have been given. I have worked alongside some excellent colleagues, and have had so many opportunities to grow and develop as a therapist. I will never forget my time at XXX Elementary and will remember my students for years to come.

Very Sincerely,

Cynthia XXX
I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:

Comments

• fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
    congratulations!!!!
    i'm so happy for you!
    i hope to be able to write on of those letters one day soon.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    That's terrific, Cyndi! The letter is perfect. You hit the exact right tone - no sense burning your bridges behind you. All the best of luck in your new job. I hope it's great.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    :wav:
  • cyndicyndi Registered Users Posts: 3,341
    So, I decided to wait a while to turn in my resignation, but I finally turned it in yesterday. I was sooo nervous. They had wanted to move me to another campus, but my supervisor fought to keep me there, so I felt really guilty. She was really nice and said that I could always use her a good reference. I was worried how they might take it, but they were really nice, understood, and were happy for me. I still have one more week to finish my fellowship, but I feel like a huge weight has been lifted knowing that I don't have to go back to the public school next year (and a caseload approaching 70 students). I'll have a few weeks off before I start my new job and I'm looking forward to my vacation in NYC! At my new job, I think my caseload will be under 30, I'll only work 4 days a week, and I get to wear scrubs!!!! I'm so excited!
    You will be great Cyndi! I have to check back and see when you are coming to NYC - hope all us NYC'ers get to meet you.

I'm so glad everything is working out so well for you.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • cyndicyndi Registered Users Posts: 3,341
    I will be there June 15-22. Once I know my plans with my old co-workers, I will try to set something up. I'm thinking maybe Monday night?
    Sounds great! I hope LadyV69 and Saria can come too (and any other NYC'ers).
    :wave:

Then we can report back to nc.com and make everyone else jealous that they couldn't join us. :lol:
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Registered Users Posts: 3,397
    Congrats on your new job!

I should be available when you're here. Keep us posted on your plans.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file