Clarisonic Anyone?

Bridal.WreathBridal.Wreath Posts: 65Registered Users
Just wondering who used this tool.

I do and I will admit, I was afraid to spend that much money on something I didn't know if it would work. I will say this though: I love it. I cannot believe I have gone so long without this brush. I have adult acne and my skin has cleared by drastically. Not only that but it is smooth to the touch and I don't use as much products.
CG since Feb. 18, 2011

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    this is one of the longest clarisonic review threads but if you search there are many short ones.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm about to bite the bullet...

Drugstore.com has 20% off skin care products right now (skin20 is the coupon code) and if you purhcase through ebates.com you get another 12% cash back.

So I'll basically be getting a mia for $100. Just gotta convince myself to hit send on the payment lol
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • solidgoldsolidgold Posts: 1,485Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love it and I love the way my skin feels after using it! No regrets here.
    Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
    Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix, Tigi MM
    Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
    Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
    Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1368664&postcount=97
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have used a Clarisonic daily for about 7 years. I have LOVED it. Sadly, my Clarisonic is not working properly now though. It won't run for more than a few seconds, so I guess something is faulty with the battery. I have noticed a definite difference in my skin since I stopped using it a couple months ago. I really need to buy another one.
    I have used a Clarisonic daily for about 7 years. I have LOVED it. Sadly, my Clarisonic is not working properly now though. It won't run for more than a few seconds, so I guess something is faulty with the battery. I have noticed a definite difference in my skin since I stopped using it a couple months ago. I really need to buy another one.

The Mia ended up costing me just a hair over $100 going through ebates and drugstore.com.

I seriously shouldn't be spending the money, but $50 off was a deal I couldn't really resist. Did you have the regular one, or the mia?
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Of course, I had to look at this since it's such a good deal! My only concern is whether or not it would irritate my skin with the roseaca. I did a search and found mixed opinions.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I have used the Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush for a couple of years now. I use it daily and have never had any problems with it.

31VfWASW3VL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

MakeupAlley.com has some great reviews.

I found the thread I started 2 years ago after purchasing the Pretika:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/makeup-skin-care/75912-pretika-sonic-dermabrasion-facial-brush.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the Mia (my boss gave it to me. Woot!) and I love it. When I just wash my face with a washcloth now my skin doesn't feel clean.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    i have one and love it. i wish i had the body one because i could use it for my shoulders and upper back which sometimes could use and extra scrubbing. anyway, i love it and think it's a great beauty investment. if you can catch it on sale all the better.

my battery was doing something weird and i contacted them and they sent me a new one free of charge and asked that i return the old one so they could study what happened. that was when i had mine for about 2 years though so it was likely defective and not just having an issue from normal use. i don't know if they have a lifetime warranty or not but you might want to call and see.
    They're all waterproof, right? So you could bring it into the shower and use it there...?
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I use the Pretika in the shower every morning. Works like a champ!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MimsTX wrote: »
    They're all waterproof, right? So you could bring it into the shower and use it there...?

yep. when i wasn't using mine regularly i put it in the shower and it got used a lot more. now while i'm doing the curly girl thing on my hair, i clarisonic my face. every week i take it out and recharge it.

btw, i was told by a clarisonic customer service rep that you shouldn't use cleaners with granules in it, that it shortens the life somehow.
    luvmylocs wrote: »

yep. when i wasn't using mine regularly i put it in the shower and it got used a lot more. now while i'm doing the curly girl thing on my hair, i clarisonic my face. every week i take it out and recharge it.

btw, i was told by a clarisonic customer service rep that you shouldn't use cleaners with granules in it, that it shortens the life somehow.

Good to know! I have a mario badescue cleanser that doesn't foam, and I've been DYING to try it with a clarisonic... something about the texture of it (it's super slick) just seems like it would work perfectly with them.
    Good to know! I have a mario badescue cleanser that doesn't foam, and I've been DYING to try it with a clarisonic... something about the texture of it (it's super slick) just seems like it would work perfectly with them.

how ironic, i was going to share those are the cleansers i use. i switch them out. i have the glycolic, the enzyme and the acne cleansers. all work marvelous!
    I think mine is the enzyme one. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it. love love love. It took me awhile to get used to the lack of foaming, and I usually use a little scrubby brush thing with it just because it feels like on its own it just sits on top of the skin... I guess that's why the Clarisonic seemed like such a good idea with it lol
    I think mine is the enzyme one. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it. love love love. It took me awhile to get used to the lack of foaming, and I usually use a little scrubby brush thing with it just because it feels like on its own it just sits on top of the skin... I guess that's why the Clarisonic seemed like such a good idea with it lol

yes the clarisonic amps up the non-foaming cleansers. what i do is put the enzyme (or any of the cleansers) on before i step in the shower. i get in the shower and let the steam hit me then i clarisonic. good stuff! my aesthtician uses it too as part of my facials. get it! you'll love it.
  • bluesheepbluesheep Posts: 300Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    Of course, I had to look at this since it's such a good deal! My only concern is whether or not it would irritate my skin with the roseaca. I did a search and found mixed opinions.

I also have rosacea and was hesitant, but decided to try it, since I could return it if it was a problem (I bought mine from Sephora). I've been using it for 4 months and haven't had any problems. I just go over my cheeks very briefly. The brush that comes with the machine is very soft, but they offer an even softer one (I can't remember if it's called "sensitive" or "delicate"). I can't say that it's made a difference either way as far as my rosacea (which is concentrated on my cheeks) but I do see an improvement in my skin everywhere else.
    3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
    Gudonya Salty Dawg (etsy), SM Moisture Retention
    CO: Gudonya Intense (etsy), SM Restorative, Tresemme Naturals
    LI: Gudonya IHC, SMCH Milk, Tresemme Nat, Biotera LI
    Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Homemade DTs, PTs and Pre-Poos
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the Mia and love it. If mine broke I would buy another without hesitation.

RCW, have you tried calling Clarisonic to see if they will give you a [better] deal on a replacement one than you could get with the standard discounts on various sites? I thought I'd read on another forum that someone called them when their Clarisonic broke out of warranty and they got a really good deal on a new one.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    I just went online to order replacements and thought I would post a clarification on the available brush heads, since I couldn't remember the specifics (I think it was kathymack who was concerned about the Clarisonic possibly aggravating her rosacea). So, just in case anyone is interested, the "sensitive" is for normal to sensitive skin, and the "delicate" is for very sensitive skin. I'm currently using the delicate, because my rosacea has been unusually active lately. I have used the sensitive brush as well (when my skin was calmer) and had no irritation with it. Just thought the info might be helpful to someone!
    3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
    Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
    bluesheep wrote: »
    I just went online to order replacements and thought I would post a clarification on the available brush heads, since I couldn't remember the specifics (I think it was kathymack who was concerned about the Clarisonic possibly aggravating her rosacea). So, just in case anyone is interested, the "sensitive" is for normal to sensitive skin, and the "delicate" is for very sensitive skin. I'm currently using the delicate, because my rosacea has been unusually active lately. I have used the sensitive brush as well (when my skin was calmer) and had no irritation with it. Just thought the info might be helpful to someone!

Thanks, bluesheep. That makes me want to buy one!
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks, bluesheep. That makes me want to buy one!

Happy to enable you! :mrgreen: Slightly OT, are you still using the OCM? I'm about to post a thread re: rosacea skin care routines. I'd like to hear what's working (or not) for other people.

Lowpoo:
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm excited to see how great this thing works. QVC sent me an early email telling me they have some on sale. I went and checked them out and got what I think is a great deal on one. So I'm looking forward to see if it's as fantastic for me as it seems to have been for numerous people I've read in reviews. Can't wait.

If someone needs one at a good price..QVC Official Site - Online Shopping for Jewelry, Beauty, Electronics, Fashion and more has them...and different types and kits you can choose from too.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I really like it. It exfoliates far, far better than any scrub, without being rough. And it's the only thing that makes my oily skin feel truly clean.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh wow.. now I can't wait to get my hands on it. Should be here the 26th they said.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    I love love LOVE my Clarisonic!! I saved up for it, using Swagbucks, and it was totally worth it!

I forgot to take it with me on a recent weekend trip and I missed it very much. My skin was not as soft and silky and clean without it.

Also, I don't know if it's rosacea, as I still haven't gone to the derm yet, but I have a red flush over my nose and cheeks, up to my temples. All the time. Cold weather and wind make it worse, as does hot water. I have very sensitive skin. The Clarisonic doesn't irritate my skin at all. I use the delicate brush on my face.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
    I posted this on another thread, but thought I'd add it here as well. If anyone is interested, I just noticed that Clarisonic is offering a $25 "savings offer" (I have no idea what it is) if you register your product online. Also, if you enroll in their auto delivery program (I get replacement brush heads) you get 25% off and free shipping. If you want twin packs, you can mix-and-match the brush heads, and it comes out to about $16 a head (as opposed to $25 if you buy them separately). Just thought I'd pass on the info. :)

Lowpoo:
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
    Thanks, bluesheep. I did register mine online and am waiting for my $25 coupon. Thought I'd buy some bushes with it--a delicate one, at least. Don't know if I want to use it on my body. If so, I'll get a body brush, too.

I charged mine and used it with the gentlest cleaner yesterday. The Clarisonic didn't irritate my face, not sure about the cleanser. This morning, I tried it with just water (I had read about doing that, possibly on EDS.) My skin felt much better then with the cleanser. Don't know if I'll try other cleansers, or keep water washing.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I charged mine and used it with the gentlest cleaner yesterday. The Clarisonic didn't irritate my face, not sure about the cleanser. This morning, I tried it with just water (I had read about doing that, possibly on EDS.) My skin felt much better then with the cleanser. Don't know if I'll try other cleansers, or keep water washing.

I didn't care for the cleanser, either. I haven't tried water washing, though. Thanks for the tip!

Lowpoo:
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!

I didn't care for the cleanser, either. I haven't tried water washing, though. Thanks for the tip!

I'm going to continue testing with the products I have around. If I use it twice a day, I think I'm going to do one water only wash. Last night, after using it four times--my skin was already feeling smoother.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use Philosophy Purity Made Simple with my Clarisonic. It is a very mild cleanser.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file