Q for self hair dyers. Can I lighten to blonde/fiery red without bleach?

CurlyGirlNYCurlyGirlNY Posts: 128Registered Users
My hair is black. I am feeling for a change, and I have colored my hair blonde, but I am open my hair to suggestions. When I dyed my hair I used 30/40 cream peroxide, 3 clairol born blonde packs, and the born blonde developer. I got it blonde, and sometimes I had to do stages, but I was successful. However if I decided to add a color on top, which was usually red, once the color faded, it would have a "dry" look. It wasn't dry though.

That's how I ended up with black, because nothing can look more rich than a blue black color. Anywho, I've heard henna can lighten the hair, but not that light I'm sure.

As of right now I don't flat iron and I blow dry maybe once a month if at all, however, when my hair gets some length in about a year, I will be flat ironing once or twice a month.

Any suggestions?? Also, what's a stripper, and where can I find it?
*4a/3c hair, thick, and color treated.
*Subscribe to channel for product reviews, makeup, and hair info. www.youtube.com/pikachula21

Comments

• CurliniCurlini Posts: 258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wish I knew the answer - I'm sure someone will come along who does - Good luck :smile:
    Medium Texture/Normal Porosity
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie conditioners, Elucence moisture balancing, Darcy's pumpkin seed, Mop Top Daily
    Gels: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ Curl Queen, UFDCM, Mop Top Curly Custard, KCCC (wish it didn't take so long to dry!), CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Weekly PT (CJ Repair Me) & DT
    Icequeen method
    CG since Aug. 08, still a lot to learn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    To answer the topic question: no. You will have to use bleach or a high lift color (bleach).

You can use ColorFix to strip the old color and you can find that at Sally's etc.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • CurlyGirlNYCurlyGirlNY Posts: 128Registered Users
    Thank you mucho for responding you two. Pretty much how I was coloring before is the same process. Bleach with a color on top. What I am going to be doing different is using a protein filler, and do more to keep my color by some tips I got from youtube.
    *4a/3c hair, thick, and color treated.
    *Subscribe to channel for product reviews, makeup, and hair info. www.youtube.com/pikachula21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file