Hair Texture/Hair Type

hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
I'm only 6 weeks post relaxer and I can already see my curl pattern which is mostly 3c with parts that are 4a. It's really difficult to brush my hair because it pulls my curls. I think that it is possible for me to be natural in 6-8 months. My hair grows out of relaxers very quickly. I'm wondering is anyone else able to tell what their hair texture/hair type is between 0-4 months post relaxer?
Products I'm currently :love10::
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
  • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
      You're actually not able to tell your hair type until the chemically altered ends have all been cut or you've grown them out. The permed ends weigh down your hair and although your curls may look to be one way with the permed ends, they could be totally different once those ends are removed.

Focus now on retaining moisture, trimming your ends, and using protective/transitioning styles to blend the two textures.
      last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
      high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
      condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
    • hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
      You're actually not able to tell your hair type until the chemically altered ends have all been cut or you've grown them out. The permed ends weigh down your hair and although your curls may look to be one way with the permed ends, they could be totally different once those ends are removed.

Focus now on retaining moisture, trimming your ends, and using protective/transitioning styles to blend the two textures.

The last time experimented I transitioned I cut pieces of hair from the front of my hair and they were curly springy 3c curls. I think transitioning gets really difficult for me because I get ringlets of curly new growth and the only styles that work for me are pony tails/buns. I think I would have to have at least 3 inches of new growth to get my twist outs to stay.
        Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
      • tamekanstamekans Registered Users Posts: 51
        I'm three months post now and I mostly see curls around my edges and my nape area.

Sent from my DROID2
      • EdenRoseEdenRose Registered Users Posts: 181
        so for products that are curl type specific how do you know what to use?
        like i see products that are for certain curl types but how do i know which ones work since i am only about 2 months 1/2 post relaxer.
        https://twitter.com/Lov3Revolution

Last Relaxer-March 2011
        :occasion2:BC- 7-11-2011
        When you get the choice to sit out or dance, I hope you dance <3

Hair Type: ?
        Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best
        :wav:

Length goal : Shoulder Length :)

• al3x&riaal3x&ria Registered Users Posts: 6
        like pprMACHEheart said, you really won't be able to tell until all of the relaxed ends are cut off. But at around 3 inches or so, I'd say you can get a pretty good idea of what it will look like. Frustrating though, isn't it? It used to drive me INSANE.
      • hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
        tamekans wrote: »
        I'm three months post now and I mostly see curls around my edges and my nape area.

Sent from my DROID2

I cut pieces from my edges off and they're 3c curls and in the nape are I have 4a curls. I believe I am a 3c all over except my nape

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
        Emoji
        Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
        Drop image/file