Foundation Color

Dwaeji-TokkiDwaeji-Tokki Posts: 172Registered Users
I have olive toned skin, and I can never find a brand that has a yellow or green enough tone in it. I know when someone says this one will look great on you and it is orange or pink it is NOT going to go. I have an eye for color, so this really bugs me that I can not find an olive toned foundation.

Does anybody have the same problem? Any recommendations?

Comments

• nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    I have very light olive skin. My undertones are pretty much neutral (I have green AND blue veins and I look good in golds and silvers). But I think I do fall more into the warm category as most light colored foundations are way too pink for me.

I got Almay foundation in Neutral. I really like it. It really matches my skin.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Same problem here. I tried for years to get a good match. Mac is too orangey, most other brands are too pink.

I got some yellow pigment and added it to my foundation and finally got a good match. Maybe that's what you need to do...mix colors?

Here are some brands that are good with their color range: Becca, Makeup Forever, Mary Kay, Illamasqua, Ben Nye, RCMA, Graftobian.

I hear good things about Meow Cosmetics and Global Goddess too.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • Dwaeji-TokkiDwaeji-Tokki Posts: 172Registered Users
    Thanks gals!

Mac is too orangey for me also. I have never thought of buying a yellow pigment, but it sounds like a great idea. I wouldn't know where to get that though, ha ha ha.
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Posts: 236Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try Make Up Forever HD at Sephora.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Here's one source for pigments: TKB Trading, Pigments, Dyes and Mica

I've never purchased from them though.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file