Rinsing/styling upside down = stringy mess

So I really want to be able to rinse and style upside down. I tried it today and love how the roots curl up and the massive volume, but yikes, it looks like it was wet combed.

I used all the same products as normal, that usually give me clumpy curls, but when I flip back over they all seperate and look very 80's.

maybe because my hair is too thick?
password: wavy

Comments

• Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    I have thick hair and it does much better when I do it all upside down. Did you rake your products through? That makes my hair stringy and not clumpy. Also, when did you flip back over? Was your hair still wet? Do you plop? Do you diffuse?
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • NeedSleepNeedSleep Posts: 102Registered Users
    I scrunch product in soaking wet hair then plopped and diffused.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I rinse and apply product upside down, then plop. When I un-plop, I stand upright and shake my head (like I'm shaking my head to say no) while tilting my head back and to each side. If I touch it too much with my hands, it will get stringy. I also apply my product to really wet hair, which helps it reclump a little after raking the product through.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    NeedSleep wrote:

I un-plop upside down and go straight to diffusing without standing upright. That seems to help my curls not break up.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • unique1193unique1193 Posts: 328Registered Users
    I started a topic about this yesterday! Its frustrating me too.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94778

2c/3a
    Growing out hair to a little above bsl
    pw: ringlets
  • NeedSleepNeedSleep Posts: 102Registered Users
    Ab-star wrote:
    NeedSleep wrote:

I un-plop upside down and go straight to diffusing without standing upright. That seems to help my curls not break up.

me too...everything upside down until after diffusing, then flip and hello 80's....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file