Torn with which Haircolor

risosrisos Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I am torn between haircolors. I have naturally dark brown hair at the roots that look black but then my tips are always a lighter reddish brown. I have died my hair dark brown all over but it always fades and turns reddish again. However when my hair is wet and there is product in my hair it always looks black. Second day hair my whole hair lightens. Also in the sun it always looks reddish brown. In photos you can never see the reddish brown though. I have had highlights before and that looks nice but it damages my hair. I am torn between going dark brown every again and just maybe doing that every three months so it prevents the reddish brown or should I do highlights or should I go all reddish brown?? Like I said right now when my hair is wet and whenever it has product in it you can't see the reddish ends but once it dries and second day hair my hair looks lighter but never light enough to show up in pictures. I'm confused. Should I deepen the dark brown so it looks consistent when wet and dry? Or should I do highlights since my hair tends to be different colors naturally but at least with highlights it will actually show up in photos? Or should I do a reddish brown all over and if so how can I have it be bold enough to show up in photos. Before I went curly girl my hair color showed up soo much easier because it was always blow dried straight. However now as a CG the wetlook and constant products never seem to do my haircolor justice so I have been struggling with what to do. I have a warm tone to me. Black dye tends to make me look like Cher and I require lots of makeup to balance it out. Highlights make me looks more like J.Lo but it damages my curls so I am not sure if that's ok. Also before doing CG when my hair is dry it tends to look reddish brown like Eva Mendes. Which color should I do? I know cool tones are in right now but I want what is best for me.
[FONT=&quot]Medium Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Long, 3b, Brunette, Highlights.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
Shampoo-[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Head and Shoulders[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daily Conditioner & Leave In-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Creme-Ouidad Curl Quencher Hydrafusion Curl Cream
Deep Treatment-Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Highlights-Foils from the Salon[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Comments

• nataliaaxonataliaaxo Posts: 9Registered Users
    Do the reddish brown , it looks more unique and prettier then just dark brown . I myself am gonna dye my hair reddish brown ne,t week so I hope I helped(:

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlTalk App
  • risosrisos Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are you getting it professionally done or are you doing it yourself?
    [FONT=&quot]Medium Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Long, 3b, Brunette, Highlights.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    Shampoo-[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Head and Shoulders[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Daily Conditioner & Leave In-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Creme-Ouidad Curl Quencher Hydrafusion Curl Cream
    Deep Treatment-Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Highlights-Foils from the Salon[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    First of all, you say your haircolor fades and your hair turns reddish brown. This is due to using a color that lifts your natural color, then deposits dye. When this dye fades, you are left with lighter brassy hair because the pigment is gone.

So, if you want to just warm up the color without actually lightening, you might look into using Color by Robert Craig. It is a deposit-only color, so when it does fade, you still have your natural color under it. Of course, your old color will have to grow out and may continue to fade somewhat as it does. But the RC Color is gentle and safe enough to use whenever needed to refresh your color.

Of course, you should choose a color about 2-3 shades lighter than you think you want as most colors go darker, especially on previously processed hair.

My hair grows in darker at the roots then lightens too, and it does pull red; I have naturally red highlights. But it does not fade that much and doesn't turn brassy since I started using RC Color many years ago. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file