This Hula hooping is no joke!

tae082tae082 Posts: 537Registered Users
So I just did 15 minutes of hula hooping with my 3 pound hoop and just about died. I am going to do 3 more sets of 15 minutes but spread them out through the day. Lord my tummy is sore but a good kind of sore. This really beats doing sit ups :happy2:.

Comments

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Where did you find the weighted hula hoop?
  • tae082tae082 Posts: 537Registered Users
    I bought it from amazon and it was $35.20 and shipping was $7 and it was well worth it. I have read the average person burns 10 calories a minute. I will end up burning 600 calories based off of that calculation.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i got one from www.sports-hoop.com

i have heard that it's best to not go over 2-3 lbs though. mine is 4 and it's heavy!!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Tae....I NEED that in my life!!! I think imma start doing that on the days I don't do yoga.

I'm getting back to my yoga stretches. I like to do them at home as opposed to a studio....yoga studios make me feel weird...idk

But I'm glad u guys brought this up bc I like doing gentle workouts.

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • tae082tae082 Posts: 537Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »

i have heard that it's best to not go over 2-3 lbs though. mine is 4 and it's heavy!!

That is where mine is from, I just ordered with amazon. I got the one that isn't wavy with all the lumps. I read too many reviews where people said it hurt. I really love this.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    tae082 wrote: »
    luvmylocs wrote: »

That is where mine is from, I just ordered with amazon. I got the one that isn't wavy with all the lumps. I read too many reviews where people said it hurt. I really love this.

i wish i didn't have the wavy one. it does make you a bit sore
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i just ordered one on amazon... instead f writing my paper... can't wait to get it and play w/ it... instead of studying for finals. i'm a mess.
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do many crunches and lots of ab work and I want something new to see results! I remember as a kid having difficulty hula hooping.... I wonder if I should buy a non weighted one and try it before investing.... but I have heard it's almost easier with a weighted one. Thoughts?? Seems like a fun way to burn calories!
    in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
    CG since 2005
    2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
    washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
    conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
    styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha
    pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
    avoid: humectants, polyquats
  • 3bcurlyfries3bcurlyfries Posts: 4Registered Users
    Tae, Im so glad you brought this up. I got my hula hoop about two weeks ago and i love it. I also got mines from Amazon (canyonhoops.com) 3lb non wavy and easy to assemble. It was a bit pricey but well worth it. The first day i got it i did it for about an hour and omg my stomach was soo red and bruised. lol..What i love about it is that i can do it in front of the tv or with music and that i dont feel exhausted afterwards. I get a good tired feeling if that makes any sense..Hula Hooping is the way to go.
    CG since: Oct 2010
    Curl Type: 3b/3c/3a Fine hair mix
    Shampoo: every 2 wks- Organix Moroccan
    Co Wash: Suave Waterfall Mist
    Leave In: LA Bella Placenta Cond.
    Gel: Garnier Curl Scrunch
    Plop: 1 hr then Air Dry: 2hrs
  • 3bcurlyfries3bcurlyfries Posts: 4Registered Users
    frxncrls wrote: »
    I do many crunches and lots of ab work and I want something new to see results! I remember as a kid having difficulty hula hooping.... I wonder if I should buy a non weighted one and try it before investing.... but I have heard it's almost easier with a weighted one. Thoughts?? Seems like a fun way to burn calories!

I thought the same thing you did but i went ahead and purchased the weighted hoop anyways. it takes a few turns to get the hang of it but its alot easier than the ones we used as children. i say go ahead and get the 3lb hoop and it should be 42in from the floor to mid stomach. Have Fun!! :smile:
    CG since: Oct 2010
    Curl Type: 3b/3c/3a Fine hair mix
    Shampoo: every 2 wks- Organix Moroccan
    Co Wash: Suave Waterfall Mist
    Leave In: LA Bella Placenta Cond.
    Gel: Garnier Curl Scrunch
    Plop: 1 hr then Air Dry: 2hrs
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hmmm. Interesting! I never was able to get the hang of it as a kid. Keep us posted - maybe I'll try again.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I used mine the other day and I did it while watching pretty little liars...I might do that again tonight!! I mean I can only keep it going for about a minute before it falls but I kept trying and I've already noticed my stomach is flatter and I'm still eating big mac and fries..so it must be the hula hoop!
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • sugartwistsugartwist Posts: 156Registered Users
    I'm going to look into (or should I just say buy, lol) the weighted hoola hoop. Sounds like tons of fun.
  • sugartwistsugartwist Posts: 156Registered Users
    I found one at Marshalls. It was 24.99 for a 3 pound weighted hoola hoop. I'm so psyched.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    please do keep us posted...I find it intriguing but am not sure I could keep it going. :dontknow:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sugartwist wrote: »
    I found one at Marshalls. It was 24.99 for a 3 pound weighted hoola hoop. I'm so psyched.

I wish I could find one at Marshalls! Have you used it yet??
    in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
    CG since 2005
    2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
    washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
    conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
    styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha
    pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
    avoid: humectants, polyquats

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file