We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Possible CG mousse?

emtemt Posts: 4Registered Users
ok so i have recently gone CG and like everyone else on here has said, my hair is soo much healthier than ever before :) my hair is wavy, about a 2C and i love to a good moisturizing mousse. i was at the store the other day and saw the organix pomegranite and green tea mousse and it seemed to have pretty good ingredients....is this mousse free of drying alcohol and silicones? I need help from some of my CG sisters!! :)

Ingredients:
Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquartenium-55, Polysorbate-20, Parfum, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, Pomegranate Extract, Egg White Protein, Green Tea, DMDM Hydantoin.

Comments

• stefflynhstefflynh Posts: 410Registered Users
    emt wrote: »
    ok so i have recently gone CG and like everyone else on here has said, my hair is soo much healthier than ever before :) my hair is wavy, about a 2C and i love to a good moisturizing mousse. i was at the store the other day and saw the organix pomegranite and green tea mousse and it seemed to have pretty good ingredients....is this mousse free of drying alcohol and silicones? I need help from some of my CG sisters!! :)

Ingredients:
    Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquartenium-55, Polysorbate-20, Parfum, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, Pomegranate Extract, Egg White Protein, Green Tea, DMDM Hydantoin.

What is the name of the mousse? All that protein my hair would love. It looks CG to me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
  • emtemt Posts: 4Registered Users
    Its the organix pomegranite green tea mousse...it's really hard to find in stores, the only place i've seen it is at Marsh!
  • curlycandy3curlycandy3 Posts: 219Registered Users
    Looks CG to me, too. That's a lot of protein, so make sure you watch out for dryness. Otherwise I think it looks great :D

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
    Southeast Michigan
    *Whatever makes my curls happy* since 01/2011
    3b/c/a Thick, Medium/Coarse, Normal Porosity & Elasticity, Dyed.
    Kind of starting from scratch...
    Cleanse: various low-poos (still searching)
    Condish: Aura Cherry Almond Bark (but always on the look-out)
    DT: SMDTM
    Styling: LI, curl cream, gel. Insert various products appropriately.
    I <3: Coconut & Argan oil, my Denman, a neat side-braid.
    "Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
  • emtemt Posts: 4Registered Users
    OK so i just wanted to let everyone know that I went ahead and bought the mousse today...and I have got to say it is my all-time favorite! The only con is that is smells horrible..so if you are sensitive to smells then I would not recommend this
  • curlycandy3curlycandy3 Posts: 219Registered Users
    Does the smell go away as it dries? I've found I can deal with almost any smell durng application as long as I know it will go away.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
    Southeast Michigan
    *Whatever makes my curls happy* since 01/2011
    3b/c/a Thick, Medium/Coarse, Normal Porosity & Elasticity, Dyed.
    Kind of starting from scratch...
    Cleanse: various low-poos (still searching)
    Condish: Aura Cherry Almond Bark (but always on the look-out)
    DT: SMDTM
    Styling: LI, curl cream, gel. Insert various products appropriately.
    I <3: Coconut & Argan oil, my Denman, a neat side-braid.
    "Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
  • curlesque424curlesque424 Posts: 150Registered Users
    The best CG mousse I have ever had would be Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse. It has a few ingredients and when you use it I'm your hair and then you go for a shower, it rinses out so easily. Plus, it smells so wonderful.
  • stefflynhstefflynh Posts: 410Registered Users
    When you say "Marsh" do you mean Marshalls? I really think my hair would love an alcohol free mousse loaded with protein.

How much did you use & how long is your hair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    stefflynh wrote: »
    When you say "Marsh" do you mean Marshalls? I really think my hair would love an alcohol free mousse loaded with protein.

How much did you use & how long is your hair?
    Marsh is midwestern grocery store chain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file