Any experience with corrector palletes?

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
I'm thinking of trying out the Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Corrector Palette. Here's the shades in the compact.
Palette consists of Lilac (adds a healthy glow), Pink (hides imperfections and dark circles), Apricot (brightens dullness and yellow complexion), and Yellow (counteracts redness).
Anyone know if concealer like this is typically gimmicky or if (provided it's formulated well) it works how it's advertised to?
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• aliquotaliquot Posts: 227Registered Users
    I thought green was supposed to counteract redness. That's what I've seen everywhere else.
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Yeah, that's how I've always seen it too. I did some reading about it online and apparently yellow is also used for mild redness, while green is intended to tackle more overt red patches like rosacea, port-wine stains, and zits.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i tried using those ages ago and i suggest you stick to a foundation and concealer that exactly match your skin tone. as soon as you put foundation OVER those "correctors" they get washed away.

instead, use your concealer over your foundation where you need the extra coverage.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    rouquinne wrote: »
    as soon as you put foundation OVER those "correctors" they get washed away.

Do you think a loose powder foundation could negate that? Or a pressed powder (what I'm more likely to get, I'm using liquid at the moment). I don't really need extra targeted coverage, but I'm attracted to the idea of a tone equalizer on my skin before I apply foundation. I've read that primer can be good for that...it might be what I should look into.

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    powder foundations don't build as well as liquids and creams where you need more coverage, but if you found one that *exactly* matched you, you would be further ahead. the company that so many mention here is Meow Cosmetics and they sure have a WIDE range of colourations available. people have mentioned how generous they are with samples.

most primers are completely comprised of silicone, so the cheapest ones work as well as the expensive ones. Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel is a good, CHEAP, substitute.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • aliquotaliquot Posts: 227Registered Users
    I agree, I wouldn't bother with this thing. If you need serious coverage just go with a full cover foundation, etc. If you need more in some places you can always layer more or use regular concealer in specific areas.

Chances are you wouldn't get your money's worth anyway, right? I mean there would maybe be 2 shades you'd use all the time and the others would just dry up (at least thats what would happen if I bought it lol).
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
    You're probably right aliquot. Apricot is the one shade I don't think I'd have a reason to use.

I'm on the fence but leaning toward passing on it at the moment. The first review to come in (it's a new prod) on Avon's site is positive.

Rou, nice tip about the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel.

Thanks for your input you guys :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file