makeup men hate

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
makeup men hate

most of these things are things women also don't care for, such as the liner thing. still interesting to read a male p.o.v.
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I read that article on Yahoo to my husband thee other day and he said he agreed with ALL of them and he'd venture to say that many men agree as well.

Both of us had stated that we see women make at least one of those "mistakes" daily. So we aren't so sure if women in general agree with the list as vastly as men probably do. :)
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I'm not a dude and I hate most of those.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The idea of wearing makeup only in styles that men like bugs me. I'd rather wear what makes me happy.

On the other hand, if I knew for a fact that a man was dressing to please me, I would reciprocate (to a reasonable extent). I just don't think many men do outfit themselves to appeal to women.
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree with all of it but why didn't they ask guys on the street instead of fashion mag dudes?
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Does using a lot of powder get canceled out since I use it to tone down rosy cheeks? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think most men don't really know what they like and dislike about women's attire. They may say they hate groomed eyebrows or lipliner, but when done right, those things can look nice. Men mostly seem to like "a total package". I don't groom myself for men...I groom myself for ME. If men like it, fine. If they don't...also fine.
    The ones who are very specific about their likes and dislikes are creepy, imo.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ninja dog wrote: »
    The ones who are very specific about their likes and dislikes are creepy, imo.

+1. these guys are usually metrosexual or super controlling. neither appeal to me at all.

i think in general the article is saying men don't like anything that is SUPER obvious. it's not saying they don't like lip liner but rather that obvious line/contrast that some women do. the one that is the most interesting is the bold eye. eyes are fun to play up and i'll continue to do so but i guess if your eye looks to far out it's just not as appealing as a more simple, natural looking eye to men. also on the neon lips, i think neon as nick minaj lips. they are pink but bold/bright. i don't like neon blue or green lips either. some stuff you see in fashion mags and you know it's just for shock value. that won't change.

i agree about wearing what makes you feel good/happy and not doing it for a man but i will admit, it feels nice when a man says something i have on or the way i look is nice.
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just found out a few weeks ago that men don't like red lips. Here I thought men were thinking I looked sexy with my red lips and it turns out they think red lips make you look like a clown. It threw me for a loop for a while. Whatever. Can I help it that they are just plain wrong. :mrgreen: Red lips are awesome.
    I sometimes rock 4 of the 8 no-nos in the article. Anyone that doesn't like it can look away. I like make-up and I'm not living my life in neutrals.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I call ********. If men really hated all of that, they wouldn't find the majority of hollywood starlettes attractive because lets face it, they wear a pound of foundation, shadow, and liner.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
    pedaheh wrote: »
    I just found out a few weeks ago that men don't like red lips. Here I thought men were thinking I looked sexy with my red lips and it turns out they think red lips make you look like a clown.

i think men do like red lips. i think men want any lipstick off before they kiss you because THEY don't want red lips. in fact, there was a story online a few weeks ago where they'd done some study and men looked longer at a face that had red lips than one that had more neutral lips (i can't believe people study these things but oh well). i'm keeping my red lips!!

I call ********. If men really hated all of that, they wouldn't find the majority of hollywood starlettes attractive because lets face it, they wear a pound of foundation, shadow, and liner.

true but men are not looking at them up close so they don't know that :) makeup for print, acting, etc. is so much heavier so it shows up.
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Guys just don't want a girl to look like she is wearing make up . Which is near impossible .

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App

They're looking at the breasts and hair, not the makeup, imo.
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    They're looking at the breasts and hair, not the makeup, imo.
    Oh no. I'm doomed. I guess I'll have to keep my red lipstick so men look at my face longer.

There was a study that was reported a few weeks ago on one of the cable news networks. 5 things women love and men hate. My male friend (who it turns out is not a red lip fan) told me about it. They listed red lips (they sited the clown reference), uggs, harem pants (that is all he remembered). He admitted not liking red lips after I asked him and told to answer honestly. I said "You must really hate my orange lipstick then.":rabbit:
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think most men don't really know what they like and dislike about women's attire. They may say they hate groomed eyebrows or lipliner, but when done right, those things can look nice. Men mostly seem to like "a total package". I don't groom myself for men...I groom myself for ME. If men like it, fine. If they don't...also fine.

I agree. They don't know what they're talking about. I hear men say a woman is 'hot' when she has bleached hair, drawn in eyebrows, too much makeup....

Dear, you don't tho SHE is hot, you think what she has on is hot. Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    pedaheh wrote: »
    I just found out a few weeks ago that men don't like red lips.

Maybe some men don't.. my husband said he likes red lipstick if compliments the woman's overall look and he believes many men feel the same way considering most guys don't sit around saying.. "Oh I hated her red lipstick". They say either she looked good or she didn't.

I think he's right. I think in general men just knows what appeals to them when they see it and what doesn't. Often I've heard and my husband has heard men state that they would prefer if a woman didn't wear a lot of makeup. My husband said in manspeak that just means when it's overdone and not complimentary to that particular woman is what a lot of men don't like. Which seems to go with the thought of the article.

Like with the super thin drawn on brows, the I can see your eyeshadow coming a mile away, and huge circle blush cheeks, etc. Basically where it's extreme and magnified. To me, that makes sense cause many men don't know much about makeup anyway..they just know if something looks wacky to them or not.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,406Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The idea of wearing makeup only in styles that men like bugs me. I'd rather wear what makes me happy.

On the other hand, if I knew for a fact that a man was dressing to please me, I would reciprocate (to a reasonable extent). I just don't think many men do outfit themselves to appeal to women.

I agree, although I don't like any of those makeup styles except the bold eyeshadow. There lots of fashion styles that are for women that men typically don't get (pointy toed shoes being one of em).

I guess the article is for women that really are dressing just to please men, yes there are women out there like that.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,406Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ttlolla wrote: »
    Guys just don't want a girl to look like she is wearing make up . Which is near impossible .

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App

Eh, I think it's when it looks too cakey, not necessarily like none. No matter how much makeup I cake on it never looks like it's a lot(which can be annoying at times when I want a dramatic look). Then I know some people who look like it's all caked on and kinda awful.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't get why they asked the editors of Maxim. When has that magazine ever featured natural looking women? The article writers would have been better off asking random men on the street.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users
    Different guys tastes are just so... different (and c'mon, let's be honest, do you enjoy putting on makeup?), that my daily makeup consists of chapstick. And fine... a little blush and concealer on fancy occasions.
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator
  • Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users

Honestly I don't think men know that starlets wear all that makeup! I mean, yes, they know celebrities wear make up, but that much (it's ridiculous when a day - to - day person wears that much, too!).
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    I think most, regular men can't even recognize make up on a girl (unless it's overdone or a dramatic "night look"). Once I was wearing neutral looking make up and my boyfriend was saying how beautiful I looked without make up. LOL!!
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • wurlacurlswurlacurls Posts: 413Registered Users Curl Neophyte

+1

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »

Awww. That was cute! Reminds me of when fathers try to do their daughters hair. They always look so proud even though it looks like ****. LOL!

sent from my broken EVO shift :(
    3c/4a
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    Really cute! He would have to lose that one sound effect he was always throwing in if he were my bf though.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
    What? Wait a minute. I'm guilty of all of those things except the black lipliner one! Matter-of-factly, I'm wearing bright purple lipstick AND a rockstar 'do right now - Gene Simmons! I usually draw on my eyebrows too - but not today!

Guess what ... no man, especially mine, has ever complained about my look, or my kisses or anything.

Here I am!:
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think most, regular men can't even recognize make up on a girl (unless it's overdone or a dramatic "night look"). Once I was wearing neutral looking make up and my boyfriend was saying how beautiful I looked without make up. LOL!!

:lol:
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So many guys SAY they don't like women to wear makeup, meanwhile, they'll notice a woman who has taken the trouble to put herself together well that's appealing and not necessarily OTT. In general though, a lot of men DO like more natural looks on women. But it does take some producs to do that, esp. the older we get LOL! So I have to laugh when the guys say what they hate etc. What they might "hate" on one woman might be the very thing that turns their heads on another.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file