rcw routine

Jelly.ViJelly.Vi Posts: 103Registered Users
quick question, sorry to bother.
im trying to stick to the routine, but i wanted to ask if its okay to use cure aquagel.

im currently just using psf castile, bha 2% and HA when i need it. But after awhile of using the bha, its like the dry/dead skin builds up. Even if i apply mosturizer is still feels dry and flakes. Ive tried using a facial brush to get it off, to no avail. However, i have cure aquagel on hand, but im wondering if the ingredients are okay to use. It 'peels' the dead skin cells off the top of your face. Rids me of the flakes and skin feel smooth. but im not sure if thats necessarily a good thing.

This is a problem cause im using meow foundation, and it doesnt look too hot with a bunch of flakes.

here are the ingredients
water 99.6%
glycerin 5%
crosspolymer (acrylares/c-10-30 alk acrylate)
diocodimonium chloride.steartrimonium bromine
aloe barbadenisis leaf extract <1%
ginko biloba extract <1%
rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract <1%
butylene gylcol <1%

CURE Exfoliant - About Cure

CURE Exfoliation - How Cure Works

please and thank you (:

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Eh...you can use it if you want to, but I think it's a scam product. It's got polymers in it (plastics) and I think that's what balls up and comes off your skin and makes you think the product is exfolliating. It's definitely not the skin itself.

You may feel a little smoother after using it, simply from the action of rubbing those tiny pieces of plastic around on your skin...they might give you a teensy-beantsy bit of exfoliation.

If you're having trouble with flakes, I would suggest just using a microfiber washcloth with your cleanser, or just with plain water, to help wipe them off. You're already using BHA, which is chemically exfoliating your skin...you just need to get the flakes off. I buy microfiber cloths in the auto section of any grocery store or box store (like Target or Walmart)...they're cheap...3 large cloths for $7. I then cut them into 4" X 4" squares and use them for my face. No need to hem...microfiber doesn't fray. I wash them by hand with just a little soap after use, and re-use them multiple times. I toss them in the trash after a week or two, because the exfoliating properties are mostly used up by then.
  • Jelly.ViJelly.Vi Posts: 103Registered Users
    Eh...you can use it if you want to, but I think it's a scam product. It's got polymers in it (plastics) and I think that's what balls up and comes off your skin and makes you think the product is exfolliating. It's definitely not the skin itself.

You may feel a little smoother after using it, simply from the action of rubbing those tiny pieces of plastic around on your skin...they might give you a teensy-beantsy bit of exfoliation.

If you're having trouble with flakes, I would suggest just using a microfiber washcloth with your cleanser, or just with plain water, to help wipe them off. You're already using BHA, which is chemically exfoliating your skin...you just need to get the flakes off. I buy microfiber cloths in the auto section of any grocery store or box store (like Target or Walmart)...they're cheap...3 large cloths for $7. I then cut them into 4" X 4" squares and use them for my face. No need to hem...microfiber doesn't fray. I wash them by hand with just a little soap after use, and re-use them multiple times. I toss them in the trash after a week or two, because the exfoliating properties are mostly used up by then.

Thank you so much for the suggestion (: i will give it a go with the microfiber towels and see. and ill go ahead and use up the rest of my cure since its not necessarily 'hurting'. Again, much appreciated

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file