marshmellow root users...

thecurly1thecurly1 Posts: 103Registered Users
my daughter has stick strait long hair which tangles easy.Ive seen that marshmallow root adds slip? Im wanting to make a detangling spray for her that is cone free because i wash her with burts bees, not to mention that stuff is just bad! any one have a recipe or has used marshmallow root in a diluted condish for a tangle spray?
Armed with the Curl Analyzes!!!
3b,3c
texture: Fine
porosity: Normal
elasticity: Low

co:wash: V05 kiwi lime, CJDF
condish: TS avocado and aloe, GPV cond balm, Yes to carrots
leave in: KCNT
styling: LOVE FSG.. CK, BRHG, CJCQ KCCC, LaLSG
protein: CJ rehab
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/thecurly1-albums-journey.html
And yes I'm turning into a PJ :thumbup:

Comments

• CeriCeri Posts: 142Registered Users
    I don't have an easy recipe for you, but I will say that marshmallow root is best infused using room temperature water, not hot like most herbs.
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE
  • thecurly1thecurly1 Posts: 103Registered Users
    Thanks Ceri, have you used it before? Do you think it would be a good additive to help get tangles out. Everyone talks about how much slip it gives. Im assuming thats what they r talking about anyway.
    Armed with the Curl Analyzes!!!
    3b,3c
    texture: Fine
    porosity: Normal
    elasticity: Low

co:wash: V05 kiwi lime, CJDF
    condish: TS avocado and aloe, GPV cond balm, Yes to carrots
    leave in: KCNT
    styling: LOVE FSG.. CK, BRHG, CJCQ KCCC, LaLSG
    protein: CJ rehab
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/thecurly1-albums-journey.html
    And yes I'm turning into a PJ :thumbup:
  • CeriCeri Posts: 142Registered Users
    I have used it in my FSG and it did add some extra slip.

You'll have to try it to see if it works for you and your daughter's hair. Everyone is so different.

Just make up small amounts and keep it in the fridge for up to a week at a time. It's a botanical, so its a bit more difficult to preserve, and since it's best not to use it with boiling water, you're not killing any of the germies that way either.

Have you ever tried Giovanni's Smooth As Silk conditioner on her hair? My daughter use to swear by that stuff to get out her tangles before I started to make our own conditioners.
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file