CurlTalk

Summer Hair

virgo138virgo138 BannedPosts: 52Banned Users
How are all you Transitioners gonna wear your hair this summer? How are you gonna take care of it & protect it from the Sun/heat?

I'm either gonna BC & get braids & wear them all summer or just get a trim & wear braids; probly the 2nd one though since my hair will be too short to braid anyway if I BC right now >.<

As for protection from the Sun, I'll use my Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil that has heat protection on my hair every other day. I might also wear a few hats & use Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray ;D

Comments

  • icerockzicerockz Posts: 24Registered Users
    virgo138 wrote: »
    How are all you Transitioners gonna wear your hair this summer? How are you gonna take care of it & protect it from the Sun/heat?

    I'm either gonna BC & get braids & wear them all summer or just get a trim & wear braids; probly the 2nd one though since my hair will be too short to braid anyway if I BC right now >.<

    As for protection from the Sun, I'll use my Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil that has heat protection on my hair every other day. I might also wear a few hats & use Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray ;D

    Hi =) Well I have indivisual braids in right now and I plan on leaving them in for aleast 3-4 months which is bascially the whole summer. I co wash my braids alot with natural things like henna conditioner but somtime I use suave naturals also I spray my hair everyday with water mixed with glycerin and then I seal it will olive oil and put vitamin e oil on my scalp

    but yea lol basically I will wear my hair in braids because i want my relaxer to grow out and I dont want a urge to cut my relaxed hair right now until its longer. im 5 months post relaxer
    4a/3c Hair
    Transitioning
    Henna conditioner For scalp and hair
    Suave Naturals GA Conditioner (SOMETIMES)



    event.png
    :toothy7:

    Dream of Au Naturelle One day lol :wink:
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
    That sounds like a good plan & WOW 5 months!!! I'm only 2 months post relaxer >.<" But I'm hoping it'll grow faster during the summer =)
  • icerockzicerockz Posts: 24Registered Users
    thanks!:toothy8: My new growth is short so I cant bc or my mom would go crazy lol

    yea it will grow fast this summer because were doing alot of things this summer so I wont be concetrating on my hair, yours proably going to grow real fast since you have it protected with braids!

    lol happy summer growing hehe
    4a/3c Hair
    Transitioning
    Henna conditioner For scalp and hair
    Suave Naturals GA Conditioner (SOMETIMES)



    event.png
    :toothy7:

    Dream of Au Naturelle One day lol :wink:
  • honeybrown1976honeybrown1976 Posts: 84Registered Users
    virgo138 wrote: »
    How are all you Transitioners gonna wear your hair this summer? How are you gonna take care of it & protect it from the Sun/heat?

    I'm either gonna BC & get braids & wear them all summer or just get a trim & wear braids; probly the 2nd one though since my hair will be too short to braid anyway if I BC right now >.<

    As for protection from the Sun, I'll use my Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil that has heat protection on my hair every other day. I might also wear a few hats & use Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray ;D


    I'm using cornrows every now and then when Summer hits. Also, I'll still use ponytails, hats, and buns.
    HGs: Oyin Handmade Hair Dew; EVOO; Coconut Oil; Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment

    event.png
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    This summer I plan on doing a lot of wet buns with water and water-based products. I'm also going to test out how twist outs hold up in the heat. I've been styling my hair in a bun for about two weeks now because of the heat. I'm surprised my hair wasn't dried out towards the end of the day. I'm also going to experiment with the flat-twist out method this summer as well.
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
    That's good that your hair hasn't been drying out in all this heat =) It's in the 90's where I am & my hair just POOF's into a frizz when I walk outside now haha.
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    It could be the humidity where you live or the products you may be using. I learned to use daily leave ins like shea moisture style milk on top of another product because of the silk protein in it. In the winter time shea moisture style milk dried out my hair during my first transition. I gave up and relaxed now. I'm transitioning again. The shea moisture seems to be working okay now but just with other products
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
  • baby.naebaby.nae Posts: 11Registered Users
    I was thinking about doin a BC but I just can't do that to my hair so used to having it long! But since it has been sooo hot here lately (havin long thick hair is makin me hotter) I've been thinking about getting a short cut. I might get it in a couple days. Still have to get bold enough to cut it off.

    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
    baby.nae wrote: »
    I was thinking about doin a BC but I just can't do that to my hair so used to having it long! But since it has been sooo hot here lately (havin long thick hair is makin me hotter) I've been thinking about getting a short cut. I might get it in a couple days. Still have to get bold enough to cut it off.

    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App

    A short cut is what I'm getting Wed. the 18th, long thick hair doesn't really go w the summer heat LOL. I say get the cut!!! Short is in this summer anyway ;D
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
    hippiedoll wrote: »
    It could be the humidity where you live or the products you may be using. I learned to use daily leave ins like shea moisture style milk on top of another product because of the silk protein in it. In the winter time shea moisture style milk dried out my hair during my first transition. I gave up and relaxed now. I'm transitioning again. The shea moisture seems to be working okay now but just with other products

    It's the humidity >__< I hate it, but I'm getting better at keeping my hair from poofing out now =)
  • baby.naebaby.nae Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'm so nervous! I made an appt friday to get it done.

    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
    baby.nae wrote: »
    I'm so nervous! I made an appt friday to get it done.

    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App

    Good for you!! =D Everyone is a lil nervous when they get their hair cut, but in the end when you see how cute & healthy it is you'll be happy you did it =)

    My appt. is tmr & I'm actually happy to get all these dead ends off, haha
  • baby.naebaby.nae Posts: 11Registered Users
    Good for you!! =D Everyone is a lil nervous when they get their hair cut, but in the end when you see how cute & healthy it is you'll be happy you did it =)

    My appt. is tmr & I'm actually happy to get all these dead ends off, haha[/QUOTE]



    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App

    Are you doing a BC or just a short cut?
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
    baby.nae wrote: »
    Good for you!! =D Everyone is a lil nervous when they get their hair cut, but in the end when you see how cute & healthy it is you'll be happy you did it =)

    My appt. is tmr & I'm actually happy to get all these dead ends off, haha



    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App

    Are you doing a BC or just a short cut?[/QUOTE]

    I'm sorry I had to look back to see you meant a BC, my bad. >__< But I'm getting a REALLY short cut & leaving just enough hair so that I can get it braided; so it's a mini BC. I'll be getting a real BC a few months after.
  • baby.naebaby.nae Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'm getting the same thing. A really short cut. Are you gonna post a pic of yours today?

    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
    baby.nae wrote: »
    I'm getting the same thing. A really short cut. Are you gonna post a pic of yours today?

    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App

    I'm not gonna post a pic here, but I'll leave a link to my blog so ppl who want to see can see =)
  • baby.naebaby.nae Posts: 11Registered Users
    Looks good!

    Sent from my AS740 using CurlTalk App
  • caramelqtcaramelqt Posts: 15Registered Users
    I plan on wearing twistouts and senegalese twists....and wash and gos if my transitioning hair can handle it

    Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    Right now as the weather gets warmer, I'm loving braid outs, twist outs, and buns.
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
  • NaturalMeeeNaturalMeee Posts: 14Registered Users
    b8383cbb-7a98-9e7f.jpg
    Kinky twists for the summer!!!