CurlTalk

what product will control dryness and frizz w/out weighing..

BlissBliss Posts: 125Registered Users
down my curls (which tend to be long and droopy as opposed to tight and bouncy)?

It seems like if I get something that works on the dryness/frizz my curls disappear.....and if I get something that defines the curls my hair is all dry and frizzy......AHHHHHH

If it helps I think Im a 2b/3a combo

Comments

• pro211pro211 Posts: 110Registered Users
    I've been having good results with curlkeeper . My hair gets weighed down easily but this doesn't seem to weigh it down plus it has been getting rid of my frizz .
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    ITA with CK! It is awesome!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    If your hair is dry, I would switch to a more moisturizing conditioner. Devacurl OneC and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner[/buylink] are both very good. A good conditioner can make a huge difference in the way your hair behaves.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • BlissBliss Posts: 125Registered Users
    I have both of those conditioners waiting to try(was just finishing up my current shampoo/conditioners first)

I did try the CK alone (over washed/conditioned hair) and it made my hair more dry/frizzy than if I had not put anything on...I don't get it lol
    You mentioned shampoo/conditioner, which made me think you may be shampooing too often. If you shampoo more than once a week, that may be what is drying your hair out. I would cut back and/or try a gentler shampoo.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin