Side-swept bangs?

iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
I'm growing out my hair from a shorter cut and right now it looks very blah (it is a bit past my shoulders). It looks pretty much all one length.

I'm thinking of getting some layers put in and maybe some long, side-swept bangs. I figure that way if I don't like the bangs, it won't take that long to grow them out and I can hide them in with the rest of my hair.

My hair has really changed in the last few years, from 3a almost 3b to very limp waves and I don't know what to do with it anymore :(

Any wavies with long bangs? Would you recommend them or not?
3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

Comments

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    I had them and I loved them, but I don't do very well with maintaining bangs. I'm not always in the mood to blow them out and sweep them to the side, so I eventually give up and let them go into the rest of my hair. Until I decide I want bangs again, and cut them again. :lol:

But you're right, if they're long, they're easy to flow with the rest of your hair if you decide you don't want them.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • BlondieCurlBlondieCurl Registered Users Posts: 108
    Side swept bangs are good, bad and good.

The good-

I found they really worked well with wavy/curly hair. Obviously you can blow them out, but they also work well with some texture. I found that when I wore them curly they blended in with the rest of my hair and just made it look like I had a bit more oomph on top.

The bad-

They're still bangs. If you blow them out on a humid day, they're going to get all twerpy the minute you walk outside.

The good-

They're super easy to grow out. I've grown out regular blunt cut bangs and side swept bangs. Side swept bangs are a million times easier. There's really no awkward in between phase.
    Somewhere between a 2-3a, Currently loving Innersense Quiet Calm Curl control cocktailed with L'Oreal Melting Gel.
  • NC_beach_wavesNC_beach_waves Registered Users Posts: 33
    I love mine and I only straighten them if I straighten the rest of my hair. They spiral sometimes and look really cute when I pull my hair into a ponytail and leave my bangs loose. Mine go to my chin when pulled straight and I don't think I would want them cut any shorter.
    }i{~}i{~}i{
    2b/2c/f/i

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file