How often should a 2C use leave-in conditioning?

PanilPanil Posts: 8Registered Users
Hello all! First a little introduction just to say hi. I've been straightening my hair constantly for 4 years now- it's ABSOLUTELY damaged. It's really sad to go back and look at my pretty smooth curls from when I was younger.

So no more straightening for me (okay I may have straightened my bangs :( )

Anyways I was wondering should a 2C girl use leave in every day? I am using Sauve naturals for co-wash and co/leave in and I've been doing the leave in every day. Yesterday my hair took 5 hours to air DRY! Forever! In the heat, too! Once it was done and I broke the gel cast my hair was pretty- but flat. Could this be from over-conditioning? (Also, I am biracial- but my hair texture is closer to native american/mexican hair)

Comments

• Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Panil wrote: »
    Hello all! First a little introduction just to say hi. I've been straightening my hair constantly for 4 years now- it's ABSOLUTELY damaged. It's really sad to go back and look at my pretty smooth curls from when I was younger.

So no more straightening for me (okay I may have straightened my bangs :( )

Anyways I was wondering should a 2C girl use leave in every day? I am using Sauve naturals for co-wash and co/leave in and I've been doing the leave in every day. Yesterday my hair took 5 hours to air DRY! Forever! In the heat, too! Once it was done and I broke the gel cast my hair was pretty- but flat. Could this be from over-conditioning? (Also, I am biracial- but my hair texture is closer to native american/mexican hair)

Hi there,
    Congratulation on going curly. I would say leave a little leave in each day. But keep in mind the amount you use and product you use has to be determined by YOU. And the true answer comes through experimentation. So one day go without and see how it goes. One day use very little, etc.

I totally feel you pain about 5 hour drying times. I've been doing CG for 2 years now and walk around like a wet rat. I just broke down and dropped $100 on a hood dryer on a pole. For me best thing ever! But what am I going to do on vacation?

Best to you,
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights