Semi or demi? I want to switch from permanent hair color

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,211Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
nm
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• ringlets of fireringlets of fire Posts: 105Registered Users
    Why do you want to switch? I noticed in your sig, it says you color over grey. Permanent color works best for grey coverage. Most of us need permanent with at least a 15 or 20 volume developer to get good and long-lasting grey coverage. The brand of color that I use, the color cream can be used with different developers. If used with a low volume developer, it is demi. When used with a 15 or higher, it is permanent. I thought it would be healthier to try demi. Mistake. The color did not last. Grey hair does not hold color well with a demi.
    Hair: tight waves to loose curls. Thick. Coarse. Dry. Natural redhead until bright white strands popped out. Color with FramColor now. Shampoo: alternate Phytojoba with Cowash: Suave coconut, Paul Brown or those that didn't work well as a conditioner. Conditioner: can't find one heavy enough. Product: Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade. DT: Coconut Oil
  • AuroraE95AuroraE95 Posts: 124Registered Users
    a demi would last longer than a semi depeneding on how often you shampoo and covers gray hair better
    Inspiration [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SOPHINA BROWN

Currently: grazing bsl straight
    Would love to be MBL straight by the end of 2014
    MY ULTIMATE GOAL: HEALTHY (almost)BRA STRAP LENGTH CURLS
    Don't know how long that would be straight lol
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,211Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for responding, Ringlets and Aurora. I wanted to try to switch to a less damaging coloring product, but my hair is so grey, I think I will need to stick to what I use.

Now I have to figure out if a low poo is sufficient to remove it.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file