Naturallykas (transitioning 6 months)

NaturallyKasNaturallyKas Registered Users Posts: 12
Hey Yall,

I'm NaturallyKas, i've been transitioning for six months, and so far really great process. I have a really itchy scalp ( no drandruff tho). any pointers? Also i need to find a product thats organic to help soften my 4b hair. =) check out my transition vlog on youtube: NaturallyKas

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    What is your hair routine like? What products are you using? What are your hair properties (texture, porosity, density, etc.)?

Soften 4b hair? What do you mean by soften?
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • Al1020BlueAl1020Blue Registered Users Posts: 147
    :wave:Hi Naturallykas, when I was relaxed I used Tea Tree Oil for my problematic scalp. Since being natural I have gone back to tea tree oil, but I use pure 100% tea tree oil and mix it with a few other oils and I also have a spray bottle mostly water and a few drops of tea tree oil.

I pre-poo at least once a week (or a TRY) with Vatika Oil (its a blend of oils) and I shampoo my hair weekly (see siggy) but zinc is supposed to help those with scalp issues.

Anywho that is how I was personally able to bring my scalp to some type of normalcy...maybe some of the same oils/treatments will work for you...
    If at first you don't succeed you must try, try, try again...:disgust:

Current Products:

Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo & SM African Black Soap

LI Condish: Oyin HH, SM DTM, SM Y&A Milk
    DC: SM DTM, Honey & Oil Blend
    Stylers: Oyin S&D, Oyin BSP, Oyin J&B, EcoStyler (Blue), SM C&S Milk
    Oils: Tea Tree, Grapeseed, EVOO, Vatika Oil, Sweet Almond, Avocado Oil, SM RSB Elixir

We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness - A. Schweitzer
  • NaturallyKasNaturallyKas Registered Users Posts: 12
    :happy9: hey, right now i have pixie braids (individuals) in my hair. but my normal routine would be to co-wash and deep condition for about an hour every week. my hair is rediculously thick. if you google a pic of janelle monae's hair that is kinda close but thicker. when i say soften i mean more like moisturize. When my hair is damp if feels really soft and i want a feeling like that all the time if it's possible. Oils don't really help, they make my hair feel oily but not moisturized, and my hair still feels dry and not as soft as it would with water. I hope that makes sense lol. But right now I use grapeseed oil on my scalp every other night, i don't want to use grease at all.

@ Al1020Blue: i've heard of tea tree oil being really good. i forgot about that. But would it be too harsh on the hair or make it dry?
    Have you tried using a water based leave in, then sealing the hair to help keep moisture in?
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

s-event.pngs-event.png
    i use giovanni's leave in after i deep condition if that what you mean but that only helps for a couple of days.
    Well maybe it's the protein in the Giovanni that's drying your hair out.

Maybe you need a heavier conditioner as a leave in, before you seal and maybe a heavier oil too. Like castor or EVOO.

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • jillian93jillian93 Registered Users Posts: 107
    I had itchy scalp for a short time and made sure to pre-poo with a mix of oils (sometimes just EVOO or EVCO). That helped me add additional moisture before clarifying and following up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    What is pre-poo??? and i need a natural/organic deep conditioner. Right now i've been using Kera Care, dry and itchy scalp and i'm pretty sure that's not helping either. but after i use it my hair feels pretty soft until it dries,then u put on the giovanni, then grapseed or olive oil on after that.
  • Al1020BlueAl1020Blue Registered Users Posts: 147
    Tea Tree is one of the rare oils that can be mixed with water (its more liquidity the oily?). Anyway because you scalp is itching i would focus it on the scalp, it won't dry out your hair (but if its 100% pure tea tree oil it NEEDS to be mixed with something else don't just apply it by itself).

A pre-poo is where you do a treatment before you wash you hair. For me I do a vatika oil pre-poo before i wash my hair. I put oil on my hair and scalp for at least 20mins then I wash it out when I shampoo.

Shea Moisture African Black Soap line is for dry, itchy scalp (they have a shampoo, conditioner, scalp spray, masque), if your not interested in doing your own thing...
    If at first you don't succeed you must try, try, try again...:disgust:

Current Products:

Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo & SM African Black Soap

LI Condish: Oyin HH, SM DTM, SM Y&A Milk
    DC: SM DTM, Honey & Oil Blend
    Stylers: Oyin S&D, Oyin BSP, Oyin J&B, EcoStyler (Blue), SM C&S Milk
    Oils: Tea Tree, Grapeseed, EVOO, Vatika Oil, Sweet Almond, Avocado Oil, SM RSB Elixir

We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness - A. Schweitzer
    What is pre-poo??? and i need a natural/organic deep conditioner. Right now i've been using Kera Care, dry and itchy scalp and i'm pretty sure that's not helping either. but after i use it my hair feels pretty soft until it dries,then u put on the giovanni, then grapseed or olive oil on after that.

I "pre-poo" by preparing my hair before any type of treatment that may be drying to my hair by adding oil before the treatment, similar to a hot oil treatment. Since clarifying can be stripping, before using a clarifying shampoo or even shampooing I prepare my hair by saturating it in oil. This can be an oil of your choice or a mix of oils. I love EVOO or EVCO because they are heavy and moisturizing for my hair. I wet my hair, saturate in oil then sit under a steamer with a plastic cap for about 20 minutes then I clarify, condition and style. Sometimes I even pre-poo when I'm co-washing because my hair always feels like its more moisturized and detangles better after I pre-poo.
    Al1020Blue wrote: »
    Tea Tree is one of the rare oils that can be mixed with water (its more liquidity the oily?). Anyway because you scalp is itching i would focus it on the scalp, it won't dry out your hair (but if its 100% pure tea tree oil it NEEDS to be mixed with something else don't just apply it by itself).

A pre-poo is where you do a treatment before you wash you hair. For me I do a vatika oil pre-poo before i wash my hair. I put oil on my hair and scalp for at least 20mins then I wash it out when I shampoo.

Shea Moisture African Black Soap line is for dry, itchy scalp (they have a shampoo, conditioner, scalp spray, masque), if your not interested in doing your own thing...

I have vatika oil and haven't used it as a pre-poo, I'm surprised too because I love it. I use it to seal my ends and in the winter it worked wonders on my hands when they were dry.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file