WOW!!

bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
Learning about dewpoints, how high porosity hair works in different dewpoints, and what to use when has turned my hair around completely - in less than a week!

So, NYC has had medium dewpoints (35-50ish) - which is apparently normal for May. So, I went and bought some vegetable glycerine and added a few drops to my BWC LI for the last few days. Frizz GONE. Curls are beautiful and shiny.

I mean I have ways to go CG makes my hair as healthy and long as I want but amazing difference today compared to Monday. I guess it's time to start doing some humectant treatments too - honey mask coming up this weekend.

Now I'm looking up anti-humectant products for summer when NYC dewpoints soar. So excited for nicer hair... :)
3B curls
Medium texture
Normal elasticity
High porosity

Comments

• GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Your results definitely deserves a "WOW!"

I'm still trying to get the hang of dewpoints; but I do know that my hair LOVES humidity. My hair loves humidity the way cats love catnip.

Depending where it's listed, my hair can handle humectants (especially glycerin) throughout the year.

Good anti-humectant lines are Living Proof and Garnier Fructis Survivor series.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • Al1020BlueAl1020Blue Posts: 147Registered Users
    Greatcurls wrote: »
    Your results definitely deserves a "WOW!"

I'm still trying to get the hang of dewpoints; but I do know that my hair LOVES humidity. My hair loves humidity the way cats love catnip.

Depending where it's listed, my hair can handle humectants (especially glycerin) throughout the year.

Good anti-humectant lines are Living Proof and Garnier Fructis Survivor series.

I am still in search of a anti-humectant that I like...I will be looking into these as I am in FL and the dews are already here and they have made it clear that they are here to stay...
    If at first you don't succeed you must try, try, try again...:disgust:

Current Products:

Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo & SM African Black Soap

LI Condish: Oyin HH, SM DTM, SM Y&A Milk
    DC: SM DTM, Honey & Oil Blend
    Stylers: Oyin S&D, Oyin BSP, Oyin J&B, EcoStyler (Blue), SM C&S Milk
    Oils: Tea Tree, Grapeseed, EVOO, Vatika Oil, Sweet Almond, Avocado Oil, SM RSB Elixir

We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness - A. Schweitzer
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I know it's not CG but in summer I'm not shy about using silicones. it really helps with frizz protection and since the dews are so high I can shampoo more often without suffering from dryness.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • principessa1984principessa1984 Posts: 129Registered Users
    yeah, I'm just now getting on the dew point bandwagon too. It takes the unpredictability out of textured hair!
    My signature style: the "braid n' curl"
    High porosity, normal elasticity, high density, thick strands, DRY (must moisturize/oil and DT a lot), tangles easily. Highly textured...curl softener+demi-perm color.
    Straightened length: Waist (layers)
    Textured length: (variable) full SL to BSL

Condish/Shampoo: VO5
    Pre-poo: mild protein(VO5)+castor oil+tea tree
    Steam treatments: 1-2x weekly
    Daily routine and DT: Moisturize w/ Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose+Olive oil and seal w/ Avocado oil
  • MzKyeMzKye Posts: 58Registered Users
    I know that I really need to pay more attention to dew points.. I'm from Alabama... Where it is boiling hot and humid as ever in the summer...

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
    "You never find yourself until you face the truth."-- Pearl Bailey

:afro: :wav: :blob2:
  • bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
    hmmm. thought I posted this yesterday...

I found a great humectant-free product for fighting humidity/frizz! John Masters Organics pomade. A couple of dabs over my leave-in leaves my hair looking moist (but not wet) and frizz-free.

It's very oil heavy and some people commented on the beeswax possibly causing build-up. But so far I haven't had any issues with that. But I am mod-CG and lo-poo at least 1x per week - a bit more often in the sticky humid weather we've been getting.

It's also not cheap - $20 for a small tin - but I only use a couple of dabs and I have a LOT of hair. Well worth the price!

Oh if you decide to try it out - it only worked on wet hair for me. Was simply greasy and gross on dry hair. The plus - used on wet hair over LI, it also seals in moisture.
    3B curls
    Medium texture
    Normal elasticity
    High porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file