We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

As requested, photos uploaded after cut

So I've put up a new photos since my hair got cut. They're in the last album (Modified Jen Routine 2) and on the first page. There's two of the day it was cut - it's not how i'd style it at all but I just let her do her thing! And then there's a few from today cos my hair is super ringlety - although I'm not sure why!

It actually doesn't look that much different to before I got it cut! My bf and friends have said it looks better in general, it doesnt look so messy and uncared for (despite that it was) and my dark roots have gone, hurrah!

Enjoy :wink:

cleanse: OS shampoo. PureNuffStuff cleanser.
condition: Aussie 3MM. Jessicurl Aloeba.
style: B2Basics GreenTeaGel. T&G Curl Balm. JCarter Nourish&Shine.

pw: curlywurly

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Woohoo ringlets all over! I love your hair today!
    Your hair didn't look diff in the pics where she styled it but today it looks shorter because of all the tight curls, and it's so shiny!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • jennyfurrensjennyfurrens Posts: 708Registered Users
    Thanks medussa :) The photo may not show it, but on the day it was cut the curls were much thinner and stringier, and it was flat, and by the second day it'd turned into fluff! Not my type of products I think...

And I think the shininess comes from Jessicurl and my new hairdrier I got for Christmas :) It must produce more Ions than my old, crappy Boots one as my hair has been super shiney every time I've used it! I've just got to refuse the urge to diffuse everytime...

I can't resist the call of the diffuser. My head gets so cold!I dry until the gel hardens they air dry after that and scrunch when dry (or mostly dry since I'm major impatient)

That [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink] and the dryer agrees with your hair :D
    2c/3a?
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

I do pretty much the same as you! As I use a hard hold gel, it can look a lot wetter than it actually is which I have to remember when blowdrying. My sister was watching my blowdry and when I finished she was like "but its not even half dry!" cos it still looked dark and stuck together and stringy. But then I scrunched and voila, lovely curls! And like I said before, I use the Jane Carter Nourishing Hair Cream to scrunch and it's divine! Makes my hair lovely and soft, and shiny, and seems to encourage more ringlets. Yey!

• katethegreatkatethegreat Posts: 801Registered Users
    gorgeous!! :D
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
    -Marianne Williamson
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    :shock: Your hair is beyond gorgeous! I love it! I wish it were minnneee; it's so shiny and ringlety and defined!

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    Beautiful curls!! just beautiful!!!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
    Thanks so much for the comments :)

I do feel like it's a lot more defined today. Usually I have some definition then some parts that are kinda just fluff/undefined but it blends in. Whereas today every curl is very clumpy! And the only thing I can think of different is the new hairdryer - can hair dryers make that much of a difference?! Although it could be one of those fluke days where I do everything the same but I can never replicate :roll:

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    That big fat momma curl is so cute! Love how those curls coil up! *jealous!*
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
  • KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    beautiful ringlets.............coils................spirals................
    i've always called them ringlets :) never heard of the terms 'coils' or 'spirals' before i came on NC.com!

• DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    i've always called them ringlets :) never heard of the terms 'coils' or 'spirals' before i came on NC.com!

Your hair is beautiful as are your big blue eyes :D

ETA* Are the products you use available in the U.S.?
    thanks Delma :)

well in those photos I'd used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Jessicurl Aloeba[/buylink] so yes, but my main conditioner - Aussie 3 Minute Miracle - has a different formula in the US i think, and it's not CG friendly. But the UK version is ace for my hair

The cream styler I use is discontinued but I bought 5 bottles of it when they were £1 each. The gel might be available: Wella Back to Basics Green Tea Gel. I got it from Sallys so its a possibility.

And I dont think the sulfate shampoo I use is - Original Source is a UK brand I think.

Its really hard for the UK curlies to find good products, and its ironic they're not available in the US!

Oh and i used to use/sometimes still use Umberto Gianini Curl friends scrunching jelly. I think thats available in the US but under a slightly different name (its pink in a see through bottle.) It has alcohol denat. but does give great hold and spirals.

• LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Wow, I don't think I've seen anyone with as nice ringlets as yours!
    Lovely hair! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • noellenoelle Posts: 377Registered Users
    Your hair is *beautiful*! These photos are after a haircut? It looks like happy hair (you look content too). No frizz, perfect ringlets...lucky you! It's gorgeous! You'll start getting modeling offers from hair product companies soon! :D
    2C top/3A&B underneath. Activate Hydrating Conditioner, Jessicurl products.
    Hah a noelle thanks for the compliment but i doubt i'm modelling material :wink: plus they'd want to redo my hair their way which i would just not allow! :P

• Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    As always your hair is gorgeous!! And I love your color.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    Jenny, you have some of the absolute best curls I've ever seen! I love the pics after the cut too. Excellent ringlets! I'm so envious. :wink:
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    thanks Delma :)

well in those photos I'd used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Jessicurl Aloeba[/buylink] so yes, but my main conditioner - Aussie 3 Minute Miracle - has a different formula in the US i think, and it's not CG friendly. But the UK version is ace for my hair

The cream styler I use is discontinued but I bought 5 bottles of it when they were £1 each. The gel might be available: Wella Back to Basics Green Tea Gel. I got it from Sallys so its a possibility.

And I dont think the sulfate shampoo I use is - Original Source is a UK brand I think.

Its really hard for the UK curlies to find good products, and its ironic they're not available in the US!

Oh and i used to use/sometimes still use Umberto Gianini Curl friends scrunching jelly. I think thats available in the US but under a slightly different name (its pink in a see through bottle.) It has alcohol denat. but does give great hold and spirals.

Thanks for all the info!
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    Your hair is so gorgeous!!! LOVE IT!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,023Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    jenny--looks fabulous--whateveryou are doing, it's working!
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fbanjolady%2F" class="Popup
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Flazycurls" class="Popup
    JF in the usa at least I think that green tea gel has been discontinued. They still have a thickening formula but I had to hunt down the green tea gel itself at a place that still had some of it and a disc. conditioner.

I saw the Tangerine and bergemont shampoo on ebay, someone has it here in the usa.

Not that I was looking at what you use on your hair or anything :lol:

Now that pure nuff I haven't found here at all.
    2c/3a?

• tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    Wow, Jenny, your hair looks so pretty, healthy and gorgeous! Looks like your modified CG routine is really working for you!!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    very pretty! especially 12/29/06 photos.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Thanks everyone :)

The Pure Nuff Stuff is an independent run online store, by three women in England. I really don't think they personally sell their products IN America but you can order from their site I'm sure:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.purenuffstuff.co.uk" class="Popup

I've contacted them a few times and they're very sweet and polite, so I'm sure if you asked about shipping costs they wouldn't mind!

And I think the Green Tea gel has been discontinued here. I snapped up 4 bottles of it in Sallys when it was £3, so I'm hoping something new will come out before mine finishes!

• CelebrationCelebration Posts: 134Registered Users
    Jenny~I love the length of your hair, the long ringlets are beautiful. You don't have any layers? I'm trying to figure out whether my hair would look less poofy if I let all the layers grow out. Like, maybe it would get weighed down? Anyway, however you have it cut, your hair looks simply marvelous :)
    CG Since 2/06
    3a/3b, Coarse, Very thick, bra strap length and growing!
    Fotki Album

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Thanks Celebration :) I technically do not have layers cut into my hair BUT my hair does not sit at all one length. I've had it cut, when wet and straight, all at the same length for years. Now, it may sit all the same length when wet and straight, but when it curls it sits at different lengths. If you think about it, the underneath layer of hair sits a lot lower down my head and therefore is a lot shorter than the top layer. So, being curly, it springs up a lot more. For this reason, I have an 'undercut' unintentionally. It does make my hair look less full and whilst all the top layer looks the same length, underneath I have much shorter ringlets.

I am trying to reverse this, and gradually let the bottom layer grow longer than the top layer so I CAN get layers but it'll take a while.

So I cant say that 'all the same length' will work for everyone - a lot of people get 'triangle head' but as my hairs fine it sits flatter.

HTH!

• CelebrationCelebration Posts: 134Registered Users
    Ah yes. Triangle head. I've heard much about it!
    Thanks for the explanation. Since my hair is most definitely NOT fine (quite the opposite=wiry) I suppose mine would lay a lot differently than yours :( Hmmmph. :lol:

Thanks Jenny!!!! :)
    CG Since 2/06
    3a/3b, Coarse, Very thick, bra strap length and growing!
    Fotki Album

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file