CG routine, and any products for small buildup?

curlykjmcurlykjm Posts: 14Registered Users
Hey,

While doing the curly girl method, hair is a bit oily & has product buildup! any products (homemade preferadbly? Thanks(:

Co-Wash: Every Day w/ Suave Naturals
Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Gel- Herbal Essences
Product- Deva Curl

Comments

• LilycurlyLilycurly Posts: 55Registered Users
    I usually use a drop of teatree oil mixed with a tablespoon of Baking Soda and some water in a squirt bottle.
    Wet my hair, then massage the mixture into my scalp and down my hair before rinsing and conditioning.
    Works really well, but I think it might become drying if used too frequently...
    Free the Curls!
  • CeriCeri Posts: 142Registered Users
    Lilycurly wrote: »
    I usually use a drop of teatree oil mixed with a tablespoon of Baking Soda and some water in a squirt bottle.
    Wet my hair, then massage the mixture into my scalp and down my hair before rinsing and conditioning.
    Works really well, but I think it might become drying if used too frequently...

I would follow the baking soda mixture with a ACV rinse to get the pH back down. It will help with the dry feeling too. 1TBS ACV to 1C water. Condition as normal.
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    If I want to get rid of a bit of build up without washing my hair, I'd just massage my scalp like crazy with conditioner in it.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file