Completed my first race!

divegirldivegirl Posts: 1,286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Just tootin' my own horn a little ...

I did my first open-water swim race last Sunday. It was a 2-mile swim and I did it in 54:12! I was expecting it to take over an hour so I'm really happy. I won my age group and placed 4th overall (I was 45 seconds behind 3rd place, dammit).

I've been training for this since January and it paid off, it is amazing what some training will do :glasses1: I have several other races coming up this season - a one-mile swim, and I am doing the swim leg of two triathlons. But this one was the first and the longest!

What fitness goals have you accomplished recently?

Comments

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yay! Well done!

I can easily do 90 minutes cardio now, this time last year I could only do 20 minutes without my leg crapping out on me because of nerve damage. And I can leg press 110kg easily. :cheers:
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats, that's awesome! I am able to run/walk in intervals for 30 mins now. Nothing spectacular, but it's a mini milestone for me.
  • SandraDgroovySandraDgroovy Posts: 139Registered Users
    Congrats!!
    Sandra, RN & fitness competitor.

Transitioning since 4/2008, with no plans to BC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra-Fields-Fitness-Competitor/115579921807944

event.png
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    swim 2 miles!? congrats!!

I can swim for maybe 2 minutes tops and then I'm extremely exhausted. That's amazing!:blob4:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • divegirldivegirl Posts: 1,286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlylaura wrote: »
    Yay! Well done!

I can easily do 90 minutes cardio now, this time last year I could only do 20 minutes without my leg crapping out on me because of nerve damage. And I can leg press 110kg easily. :cheers:

That's awesome! You must feel great.
    Saila wrote: »
    Congrats, that's awesome! I am able to run/walk in intervals for 30 mins now. Nothing spectacular, but it's a mini milestone for me.

I cannot run at all so that's impressive! Our bodies are truly amazing.
    Congrats!!
    swim 2 miles!? congrats!!

I can swim for maybe 2 minutes tops and then I'm extremely exhausted. That's amazing!:blob4:

Thanks! 8)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file