CurlTalk

Take those vitamins!!

LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
I know this is a given around here - everyone is really good about their vitamins. I got a tad bit lazy last month and got lax in taking mine.

I didn't notice much growth after I dyed my hair at the beginning of the month - my grays usually tend to pop out after about a week and look kind of like glitter in my black hair. Not so much this time.

I bought new hair vitamins from the Vitamin Shoppe called Maxi Hair last Monday and have been taking them religiously all week with my usual calcium, magnesium and biotin (which I also slacked on) - with food for maximum absorption.

HOLY COW MAN! It seems my hair has exploded out of my head! :tongue: The vitamins really do make such a huge difference! Even in just one week.

Lesson learned! :tongue3:
Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981

Comments

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    ITA. I started taking Biotin in the beginning of January along w/my prenatal vitamin. I happened to cut about 3 to 4inches off my hair at the end of January and my hair is already bk to the length it was before I cut it!

I don't know if it was just a coincidence that my hair grew that quickly however I will take the risk of that coincidence happening again! Lol. Therefore I will be sure to continue taking my vitamins everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • coco_bunnycoco_bunny Posts: 216Registered Users
    I also took these pills a couple of months ago, and I must agree I also had AMAZING growth. The problem however was the MSM in the pills was making my period extremely irregular . Also the taste of the pills was way too strong for me it was hard to swallow the pills (I HATE the taste of vitamins). I'm now taking a gummy multi-vitamin, along with biotin, fish oil (for shiner hair), and iron (for my anemia), and using an MSM shampoo and conditioner... I've been getting the same results and growth as when I took the Maxi Hair... Your so lucky you can take the Maxi Hair w/o any side affects :) I've got several bottles left and I have NO idea what to do with them...
    BC ~ August 2010 ~ GOAL ~ hip/tail bone length :love4:
    Current Length: 12 inches
    TWO YEARS NATURAL! :occasion1:
    3b/3c VERY naturally porous hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luna SelenaLuna Selena Posts: 52Registered Users
    This reminded me to take my vitamins today - GNC's HSN, Women's Ultra, and MSM. Need to be more consistent with them.
  • Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Posts: 457Registered Users
    I keep forgetting to take my vitamins. My hair grows a bit better when I do that.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane