World Natural Hair Show in Atl

h2wQueenh2wQueen Posts: 551Registered Users
I went and I really enjoyed it this year. I also attended the Naptural Roots Anniversary and Launch Party last night and I must say it was GREAT. I really enjoyed.

The Natural Hair show was larger than last year and nicer in general. Last year, i focused on products this year the only products i hunted for were samples of the As I Am Naturally Products and some Shea Butter (which is a staple in my beauty regimen). I found both.

What I focused on this year was T-Shirts. I'm plus sized and i don't wear regular T-shirts because i don't need anymore help looking like a box. I got really cute ones from UFD and some other independent vendors. Again I watched in amazement as the creators of NuDread, demonstrated how in like 20 minutes they whipped up a coiled look on people's heads. I think i am going back for that product tomorrow. I saw great styles and color and made great new natural aquaintances and increased my network on all things natural.

My only issue was that line to get my tickets, i'm sorry that needed to be done better. All in all, I was happy with the show this year.
"We Live From the Head Down and Not the Feet Up" ~Donnie

Comments

• gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    OMG they still haven't fixed the line situation?! I was going to drop in tomorrow while people were still at church (heheh Heathens unite!!!). UFD has great graphic tees I got one last year and it is STILL in good shape. I am a 1X-2X
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    Yeah...it's time to handle that ticket thing. That's been the news, for as long as I can remember.
    I do know that when I do go next year...gotta go next year, I'm going to get my tickets online.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    Where was Uncle Funky's Daughter? I wanted to visit their booth. Last year they were right up front.

I thought I was going to have to wait a long time to get in, too, but somebody ended up going down the line, accepting cash.
    33abhqq.gif
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,748Registered Users Curl Novice
    Where was Uncle Funky's Daughter? I wanted to visit their booth. Last year they were right up front.

I thought I was going to have to wait a long time to get in, too, but somebody ended up going down the line, accepting cash.

I guess I lucked out:compress: because I didn't wait very long and the line was moving the entire time....im pretty impatient and lines irritate me big time.:angry7:
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • rosscdrosscd Posts: 464Registered Users
    I am heading over today b/c fire marshall would not let anyone else in yesterday.

Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App
    4a Curly :icon_smile:

Been natural since Jan 09. BCing is my thing!! Love to keep a tight TWA!

My Staples:
    CJ Smoothing Conitioner, CJ Daily Fix,Cherry Lola Treatment, CJ CCCC, CJ Smoothing Lotion, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Majic, KCCC, Eco Blue and KMF UMG
  • krazy coilskrazy coils Posts: 148Registered Users

Uncle Funky's Daughter was there, they were set up in the middle and their booth was set up like an actual store which you had to go inside of.
    Last Relaxer: February 2009
    Big Chop: September 8, 2009
    Shampoo: Still Searching
    Conditioner:Nature's Gate Aloe Vera and Pomegranate Sunflower
    Deep Conditioner: Elucenc MBC
    CurrentProducts: Qhemets AOHC and OHHB, Oyin Hair Dew,Hemp Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Amla, Brahmi

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/
    Youtube
  • rosscdrosscd Posts: 464Registered Users
    So I visited the Jessicurl booth at the Natural Hair show and was really impressed by the Confident Coils Styling Solution. I bought the whole kit they had out their for $40, but this one blew me away.

I was able to use this on top of my CJ smoothing lotion with no other gel product.

I also got some really cool t-shirts and eye shadows while I was there. totally worth the price of admission.
    4a Curly :icon_smile:

Been natural since Jan 09. BCing is my thing!! Love to keep a tight TWA!

My Staples:
    CJ Smoothing Conitioner, CJ Daily Fix,Cherry Lola Treatment, CJ CCCC, CJ Smoothing Lotion, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Majic, KCCC, Eco Blue and KMF UMG
    That's it...I gotta go next year. Gotta go....just to eat and shop. :cheers:
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    it does sound nice! next time..
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    luvmylocs wrote: »

Yeah...I went years ago, when it all started. Now? It's so much bigger and better.

I just hope they continue to have good vendors, cuz to keep it totally real...I'm going to shop. That's it. I want lots of products, and lots of deals. I love everybody, but I'm not going to meet famous YouTube nappturals, attend seminars, hear the spoken word, etc. I just wanna shop, till the cops come knockin'.

I'd like to hear from some of the companies that represented this year...was it worth the investment/time. For those companies that aren't in the Atlanta area especially, that's a lot of work/hauling products.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • krazy coilskrazy coils Posts: 148Registered Users
    Nea wrote: »

Yeah...I went years ago, when it all started. Now? It's so much bigger and better.

I just hope they continue to have good vendors, cuz to keep it totally real...I'm going to shop. That's it. I want lots of products, and lots of deals. I love everybody, but I'm not going to meet famous YouTube nappturals, attend seminars, hear the spoken word, etc. I just wanna shop, till the cops come knockin'.

I'd like to hear from some of the companies that represented this year...was it worth the investment/time. For those companies that aren't in the Atlanta area especially, that's a lot of work/hauling products.

I was wondering the same thing because the vendors had boxes and boxes of products. I went last year for the first time and this year was definitely bigger with more vendors. I think they have outgrown the facility it was held at and definitely need a larger location for next year.
    Last Relaxer: February 2009
    Big Chop: September 8, 2009
    Shampoo: Still Searching
    Conditioner:Nature's Gate Aloe Vera and Pomegranate Sunflower
    Deep Conditioner: Elucenc MBC
    CurrentProducts: Qhemets AOHC and OHHB, Oyin Hair Dew,Hemp Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Amla, Brahmi

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/
    Youtube
    Nea wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing because the vendors had boxes and boxes of products. I went last year for the first time and this year was definitely bigger with more vendors. I think they have outgrown the facility it was held at and definitely need a larger location for next year.

Yeah...I remember hearing about some "fire marshal" issues.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file