Gel free?

csjcsj Registered Users Posts: 246 Curl Connoisseur
I have been tring to figure out how to deal with my newly shorn hair. My usual combos of gel plus cream have not been working. I have tried both more and less of each with results that are not as good as the day I had my haircut (even using the same products the stylist used-Be Curly/Confixtor).

Yesterday I used CJ CCCCL (about a dimes worth) plus a pea-sized amount of CJ CIAB. Finally, soft wavy hair! Today I tried just CJ CCCC and got very loose waves but good body & thickness.

Maybe this haircut doesnt need gel? In 1996(!) I had a short style and used Rusk Wired for styling. I think that was the last time I was gel free.
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush

Comments

• hippiechic81hippiechic81 Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    Glad you found something that worked!!! But I have to admit that now I'm a bit nervous....I'll be washing my hair tomorrow and will be going wavy again. I hope I can figure out something like you did!!!:blackeye:
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • csjcsj Registered Users Posts: 246 Curl Connoisseur
    Try a lot less product. The first time it looked good with my Aveda I used a 1/2" ribbon of Be Curly an less than a dimes worth of Confixtor which was a little less than half my normal amount.
    ~Chiara~
    Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    Okay!! Thanks for the tip!!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file